Thursday, January 26, 2017

So...my opinion on Trump so far

This isn't going to be long. If I went into every single thing Trump did that I don't like, I'd never shut up, and I don't have the energy to do so. If you want to look for compilations, you will find some good articles on the mainstream liberal media about it, and you will also find some good stuff on this guy's facebook page, he seems to make daily images listing everything this guy has done so far that's bad.

Quite frankly, my opinion is very one sided. He's horrible. The only good thing he's done so far is kill the TPP, and that's because I actually align with him somewhat on trade issues. Other than that, it's all bad, between moving to repeal Obamacare, to silencing federal agencies from talking about science, to making his own inauguration day some sort of despotic patriotic holiday, to assaulting womens' rights, Trump's presidency so far sounds a bit like a cartoon villain. He is like, the epitome of everything wrong with America right now, and I honestly don't think the country will tolerate him for long. His approval rating is already historically low entering office, and I would be shocked and would lose all faith in humanity if it actually went up from here given his current policy agenda.

I may occasionally pick apart an individual policy or two, but I've concluded there's just too much to cover in terms of Trump's escapades, and there is no way I can realistically cover all of it. He just does so much bad stuff. All I can do is hope the public realizes what's going on and is outraged by this presidency, and that this kills conservatism as we know it in America. I don't expect the GOP to go away completely, but much like the GOP of the 30s and 40s and the democrats of the 80s, I expect them to have to take a good hard look at themselves and reform themselves dramatically in the face of a new political paradigm. We really are reaching the Hoover/Carter stage of party realignments it seems. I just hope this is worth it and we get a FDR/Reagan out of it, rather than another lukewarm Clinton or Booker like candidate.

This is a necessary evil, I guess. I still believe that. If Clinton had won, the republicans would continue to obstruct, the democrats would continue to twiddle their thumbs, and we would face this situation in 4-8 years anyway. And if someone else won, say, Cruz, or Rubio, or Kasich, or Jeb Bush, then we  might be facing someone with a similar agenda hostile to the American public, but who would be more masterful in spinning it to their benefit. At least now we get to see the GOP self destruct in its full glory, with a president too stupid and too into himself to even try to hide what he's doing. It's all out in the open, all the corruption, all the nepotism, the ignorance of science, the radical agenda. And with the dems in the weakest state since 1928, whatever comes next will be squarely on the GOP. The republicans won't be able to shift blame, or attack the democrats any more, this is all on them. This is their show and they're screwing up hard. Let them have their fun, they're digging themselves into a hole with the American public, and I doubt it will be something we forget any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment