Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dear dems, you're doing it wrong, stahp!

*Sigh*, this election is such a freaking joke. Clinton is literally in danger of losing this election to a belligerent oompa loompa and the dems STILL don't get it. Looking at my news feeds, I see an increasingly shrill and desperate attempt by these guys to win back voters....by doubling down on the same tactics that are pissing people off and that I've discussed on here at length. Now Obama is pushing the whole "a vote for anyone but Hillary is a vote for Trump" (which follows shortly after saying he would be "personally insulted" if black people don't vote for her. Elsewhere, others are pointing out that anyone who disagrees with them and their brand of liberalism is sexist. We all don't like Hillary because we're sexist, the narrative goes, and if she were male we would vote for her. Yeah, shame the voters, why don't you? Don't try to appeal to them, talk down to them and try to shame them for not liking the crap you served up.

Heck, that's the problem this whole election. I was on board with the democrats going into this election cycle. I wanted them to succeed, I wanted them to beat the republicans and replace them as the dominant party with a left wing platform that replaces the dominant Reagan overtones of the past 30 years. But the democrats didn't do that. They shoved Clinton down our throats, rigged the system against a far superior candidate, and do nothing but insult and condescend those who don't fall in line. And in the face of losing it all, they double down on these tactics.

Obama, you can be insulted all you want, but *I* feel pretty freaking insulted this election. This whole election is an affront to my intellect and my values. The fact that the democrats think it can leverage people into voting for them through browbeating, subversive tactics, and fear, vs. the good old way of actually APPEALING to your voters, is insulting. *I* am insulted. A voter. Someone who can theoretically tip the scales in your favor seeing how I live in a swing state. And what do you do? You double down on what is pissing off and alienating people like me to begin with. You treat us like your personal pawns and get pissy when we don't obey your orders. Well, we're not your pawns. You are supposed to be running for OUR good, not to boost up YOUR stupid little legacies. You guys are in it for the power and the fame and the money, not for the good of the people.

I'm not looking forward to a Trump presidency, I don't want a Trump presidency, and trust me, I hate the republican party as it exists. It is so contrary to my values in almost every way. But if you think that I'm going to play your sick little game, democrats, you got another thing coming. We deserve better than BOTH of these jokes of candidates.

You're on the verge of losing. Learn the error of your ways, or lose with dignity. I don't want to hear a darned word if you guys lose this that this was somehow our fault. If you blame us, it shows us you learned nothing and are just that out of touch. We're not your pawns. And we're not gonna vote for you just because you're a less bad option. You need to actually appeal to people. And I admit, at this point in this election cycle, you may be beyond help. You made so many bad decisions in the past 2 years even a month of being good wouldn't convince us and it would feel insincere. Still, at the very least, you can learn how to better appeal to people in future election cycles. Anyway, point is, if you lose, you have no one to blame but yourselves.You alienated people, and all of these bad decisions you made that alienated people are yours and yours alone. It is up to you to learn from them and do a better job next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment