Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Dillahunty Syndrome and Me

So, I kind of am reluctant to post this, but it kind of explains why there has been so little content since the election. Long story short, I'm exhausted. I've been hyped up over the election for the last 2 years, I've discussed politics for much longer, and quite frankly, it gets old after a while. I think my problem is I've come down with a really bad case of Dillahunty Syndrome lately.

For those who don't know what Dillahunty Snydrome is, it's named after Matt Dillahunty, a host of the Atheist Experience. Long story short, debating the same thing over and over tends to wear you out after a while. You can explain a concept once, even twice, and it will be intellectually satisfying. But by the time you have to explain it for the 100th time, it gets old. You lack the energy to do it any more. You run out of craps to give. And when you do try you do it half ***ed and tend to get angry at the thought of having to do it again. It becomes like climbing a mountain, just to get some of the most basic thoughts out.

I've been spending a lot of time focusing on other stuff since the election, and I still likely will for the foreseeable future. I'm not really improving on this matter. It's not that I don't care. I care a lot. I just lack the energy to keep revisiting the same topics and debating with people and I have quite frankly run out of things to talk about at this current time. I might return to these topics in the future, but long story short, expect a further hiatus on this subject. I may shift focus here and there and focus on other things to talk about, but even then, I don't really have much energy right now. This is natural for me. I go through phases in which I'm fired up and can't stop talking, and then I go through phases at which the idea of discussing these subjects again gets old. I could focus on other stuff, related to, idk, PC hardware and gaming or whatever (another interest of mine that's getting much more of my attention lately, as I have recently upgraded my computer), but that's not really what this blog is about, so I really don't discuss it here.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say a few things and let people know I'm still alive. I'm here. I'm just...not motivated right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment