Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Can Israel NOT engage in genocidal rhetoric?

 So I've been seeing more and more reports lately about Israel engaging in genocidal rhetoric toward the Palestinians, and having clear intentions to clear the gaza strip of its people in order to make way for more Israeli settlements. I want to point out that this is NOT okay. 

Israel has a right to defend itself, don't get me wrong. And part of that does involve people dying, even civilians. I'm not going to shy away from that fact. I've been pretty open with the fact that I acknowledge that destroying hamas is going to involve metric craptons of collateral damage.

BUT....ultimately, if Israel wants to be ethical, they need to try to make good faith attempts to minimize this. It doesn't seem like they care. Nor does it seem like they're even hiding their intentions to remove the people from the gaza strip one way or another. And that isn't okay.

Honestly, the longer this conflict goes on, the more I just think, ya know what, F both of these factions, and just go back to my both sides are bad stance and not actively support either. In principle, given how the conflict has played out, I cant help but feel more sympathy to israel. They're a relatively liberal democracy in the middle east, and that's rare as fudge. BUT...if they're just gonna be full on genocidal here? Yeah F these guys, back to bashing both sides it is.

Keep in mind, the original thing that had me come out as anti Hamas as I was, was the fact that Hamas was openly genocidal toward Israel and wanted to remove all israelis from the land. But now it seems like israel has similar intentions toward the Israeli people. As such, I'm just gonna go back to saying F this conflict and drop it like a hot potato. Don't expect me to blog about it any more much, because I don't care at this point. Screw both of these factions. If I were forced to choose one it would still be israel, but uh...yeah. Neither of them are particularly moral here. 

The situation in a nutshell.


No comments:

Post a Comment