Saturday, June 19, 2021

This article ties together so much of my disdain for the democratic party and related ideologies

 So, in discussing Andrew Yang and his struggle to gain traction due to a hostile media recently, someone sent me an article describing the democratic party's sphere of influence of being much like a "blue church." And I have to say, this ties together a lot of what I find wrong with the democratic party.

I'm gonna be honest, you guys know this already if you know me, and you've read my work over the years on here, and I still hold this perspective even in finding spirituality again, but I HATE religion and attempts to control other human beings through dogma with a purple passion. The name of my blog is a reference to me leaving both Christianity, and the republican party, around 2012. Because I decided, around that time, that I would no longer be controlled by dogmas or religions. And I established a form of free thinking and free thought after. I became a democrat, in large part, because at the time, given the political context of the pre 2016 environment, they aligned with the atheist community. The republicans were the party of religion and dogmas, and "fake news". The democrats were the party of facts, and freedom of thought. A lot has changed over the past decade, at least for me, but 2012 was when I finally say "no more" to this stuff. I'm out of "plato's cave", ie, the cave where we're all chained to walls and force fed narratives through a filter, never looking at reality for what it is, but looking at it through the lens through which those chaining us and performing their little puppet shows want us to see things. Still, at the time, I didn't realize that the democratic party was yet another cave, and had its own media control structure. I learned quickly in 2015 when the next election cycle started and they rammed Hillary down my throat and pushed all kinds of dishonest narratives to push me into line.

That said, describing the democratic party and its media control structure as a "church" makes sense. They do like to centrally put forward a narrative, talk down their followers, and use virtue signalling to make their members adhere to certain dogmas as a testament of their faith and loyalty. But as a free thinker, I'm just like screw that.

The fact is, I hate the democrat's media control structure. I don't go along with their media campaigns. I don't lose my capacity for reason just because I'm on their side. I'm out of the freaking cave, I didn't leave one just to join yours, what part of this don't you understand? I dislike how authoritarian the party is, and how it tries to synchronize things from above. I'm not your little puppet to guide around as you command. I'm someone who believes respect needs to be earned, and you have not earned it. You can't just snap your fingers and tell me what to do. No, the reason I went with the democrats is they earned my respect in 2012. But after that, they lost it, and largely haven't regained it. So I didn't vote for them.

But yeah, this article really touches on a lot of things. The fact that members of the party are expected to be good little passive lapdogs who go with the flow and accept orders and narratives from above. How the party is used to promote a certain kind of tribalism and team play, when I don't work well with others. And even SJW-esque virtue signalling. I've been making analogies recently about how cult like it comes off, but when looked at in reference to this blue church stuff, yeah, it really is a dogma being enforced on people. A purity test, if you will, in which the community polices the opinions of its members by encouraging dedication to certain dogmas, and attempting to sanction and bully members for refusing to go along with such things. Given my extreme anti religion bias, and how I've studied all of the religious control mechanisms and largely reject them for the manipulative BS they are, yeah, that stuff doesn't go well with me. 

My views are my views, take it or leave it. I base my views on reason, and my own internal moral compass. Which has parallel, but different bases than the democratic party. Hence my own unique focuses and shifts toward left/social libertarianism as opposed to traditional liberalism. I largely come to similar conclusions as much of the left, although for different reasons, as I think myself into those positions, and hold them on the basis of my own moral compass and free will, not because someone tried to shoehorn me into such views via authoritarianism. 

And much like the article points out, in recent years, the internet has challenged the authority of the blue church. Which is why I get the impression that through informal means like deplatforming, shaming, and astroturfing, these guys got their little inquisitors up and running trying to maintain control and punish noncompliance. I say screw them. I will not be controlled, and I will not be silenced. 

And you know what? Just to show how different my own ideology is on these issues, and why I have a disdain for the modern left on free speech, let me just explain something else. Pre 2016, I saw the internet as the most important tool since the printing press. What did the printing press do? Effectively, it challenged the rules of kings and the catholic church. As people started writing and reading books, it took the control of the flow of information out of authoritative sources, and into the hands of the people. This challenged and ultimately defeated a lot of old ways of thinking, essentially shaping the modern society as it exists today. But over time, due to money, and centralized control from new institutions popping up to replace the old, information became centralized again as per the above article. Well, here's the thing. The internet breaks that. And when I became a liberal atheist overnight, I realized that. The internet is what allowed me to get out. It exposed me to ideas I otherwise would not have access too. That's why millennials and gen z are way more progressive than boomers and gen x by the way. Older people are still under the influence of "the church" and cable news, younger people are freer and have more access and presence on the internet. This allows the sharing of ideas that breaks the old paradigms.

But, the blue church doesn't like that, and rallying crys of fake news and misinformation lead to calls to control these platforms, bringing the blue church in to police the interactions on it and try to push things back in their favor. They're partially successful, and that's why I rip the democrats so hard, between their media control, and SJWs, and authoritarian views on speech. I'm a left libertarian, not a "liberal" under the control of "the church". I'm basically a protestant or a heretic to their catholic orthodoxy. And they don't like that. 

Well, tough luck, I ain't changing. The way I see it, I'm here to spread my views. I dont give a flying crap what people think of me for it. Haters gonna freaking hate. I support what I support and the church has no presence here. I'm an independent leftie. And as you guys know, I agree with almost no one entirely, not even those I consider allies like, say, Yang or Sanders. 

I just wanted to talk about this, and share this article, as it ties together so many seemingly disjointed grievances toward the democratic party all into one and expresses why my views are different. I just lost that ability to be "religious". Even in my spirituality, I'm not religious, and don't follow any set of strict dogmas that must be adhered to. That said, I dislike control structures that seek to impose either a spiritual or secular religion onto me. Because I'm out of plato's cave....since 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment