Saturday, September 4, 2021

Hillary Bros blaming Bernie Bros for fall of Roe v Wade

 So, SCOTUS has recently effectively overturned Roe v. Wade by upholding Texas's crazy 6 week abortion law in a contentious 5-4 decision. I was going to probably discuss this at some point. I'm still "busy" and don't feel able to give my full attention to it at this time. But I do want to discuss it briefly. 

I'm fully pro choice. There's, in my opinion, no reason to oppose abortion before the 22-24 week standard set up by Roe v. Wade outside of a specific judeo-Christian perspective. I believe it is not just a bodily autonomy issue, but also one of reproductive freedom. No one should be forced to be a parent, period. I would say I go further on the issue than even most liberals would, which is a reason I had disdain for the Clinton/Kaine ticket in 2016 if you guys read my old stuff. 

Speaking of Clinton/Kaine...I'm going to have to discuss that again. Because the rallying cry of the centrist craplib in this momentous decision is to blame the "Bernie Bros". As a 2016 era "Bernie Bro", who unapologetically voted green in 2016 specifically to give a finger to the democratic party, allow me to extend another middle finger here now.

My account of events over this spat was that I never wanted Hillary as president. But the democrats forced her on us and told us we had to fall in line or else. One of their shady tactics was to scream about the Supreme Court and how Trump will nominate judges that shift the court's balance toward conservatism. Essentially, the DEMOCRATS held the court hostage and told us we BETTER fall in line or else, with decisions like this being the "or else".

They wanna create a moral dilemma for us, and then shift responsibility for the dilemma onto us. They expect us to give up our economic ambitions by jeopardizing social issues themselves. THEY put them at risk, just to stop us. THEY act like they care so much, but their caring only exists as long as they can maintain their neoliberal hegemony over us. If the left gets a little too far "left" for them, they'll throw out concern for social issues while then blaming us, for refusing to go along with them.

Some progressives do bend the knee and fall in line. Heck, most do. But some of us, like me, who do prioritize economic issues, end up not doing so, and then we get attacked.

It's a propaganda stunt on their part. I fully support a woman's right to choose, probably more fervently and ideologically consistently than the craplibs do. I'm serious. Craplibs are tepid supporters of abortion rights in the first place. They actually acknowledge something is morally wrong with it in an attempt to pander to moderate religious people. I flat out suggest nothing is wrong with it and I stand by that. 

But, the dems, in trying to maintain economic centrism, forced a hard choice on us, and some of us made the choice that went against what the democrats wanted. It was a prisoner's dilemma, and we all lost as a result. I'm okay with that. The only way to make a democratic party cooperative to economic concerns long term is to punish them for flagrantly ignoring those concerns and forcing them to pivot for our votes. if we reward them for screwing us, they will just continue to screw us and hold power over us.

THat said, I believe that this result is inevitable. If HRC did win in 2016, I suspect she would have lost in a landslide in 2020, and the same result would have happened anway. The fact is a broad diversity of issues and concerns are wrapped up into two candidates, and people vote for diverse reasons. If abortion isnt the majority of the electorate's top concern, then people will vote for other reasons, and that means the right might win the war on those issues. It happens. It was foolish of the democrats to gamble their own victory on social issues during an election where so many people felt ignored and disaffected on the economics. THis is the democrat's fault. This is Hillary Clinton's fault. She/they decided to gamble on this, and they lost. Dont blame the voters. They spoke. And they decided Hillary was crap. Instead of blaming the 1% of green voters maybe they should ask why like 45% of the country likes Trump in the first place. Trump won, because almost half the country voted for him. Scary, I know, but we should get to the bottom of his appeal and try to break his coalition without destroying the existing liberal coalition. But I dont think they wanna do that because it might mean not openly virtue signalling about social issues in such an obnoxious way, and actually having an economic platform worth a crap.

That said, this court case is a horrible loss to the left, but before you start blaming people like me, maybe look in the mirror. The fact that your first instinct in response to this is to scream THOSE DARNED BERNIE BROS is indicative of some serious personality problems on the left. Do you guys not understand how unlikeable you come off when you do that? You arent making me wanna vote for you more, you're making me wanna give you another middle finger and still refuse to vote for you.

I won't ever vote for you guys out of bullying or shame, only policy. Improve your policy or gtfo. I aint settling for an obnoxious lesser evil who acts hostile to my interests and entitled to my vote. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment