Monday, September 5, 2022

Am I open to voting for Biden if he runs again in 2024?

 In short, yes. I am OPEN to it. This does not mean that I will definitely do it. But I am OPEN to the idea of it. 

The fact is, Biden has done a few decent things in his presidency, and if not obstructed by Congress, he would do more. His climate bill is one of the best I've seen and an actual workable version of Bernie's. He at least gave us SOME student loan forgiveness. He supported the child tax credit which was like watered down UBI. These are all things worth protecting, and while they are nowhere near enough, they represent some positive changes. 

I am also open to potentially supporting Kamala Harris in 2024. Pete Buttigieg...eh...maybe? As we know he did the worst on my purity metrics of all the left leaning candidates we looked at, being more bland and moderate than even Biden (although Biden was likely that bad before Bernie pulled him left somewhat). 

At the same time am I pledging my vote for Biden (or a dem) come 2024? no. I still have the same spirit of supporting third parties I always do. Howie Hawkins supports a much better platform, and while I have issues with it, I could support him again. And Yang/Forward...it depends. If Yang himself runs in 2024, I'm probably doing that. But if some "moderate" with no platform runs, like Mark Cuban or one of forward's new faces from the Serve/Renew America movements do...well....nothing will kill my support of forward faster than that. 

Honestly, that's the point of my purity tests. To get metrics by which I can judge candidates objectively in line with my priorities. And I plan to do more purity tests between now and the 2024 election cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment