Thursday, August 18, 2016

The US is getting rid of private prisons, yay!

I won't spend too much time on this since this isn't an issue I discuss deeply and only have a surface understanding of, but a recent study came out citing safety concerns at private prisons and US just agreed to phase out the use of them.

I really think it's stupid we even considered the idea of using them. I mean, the conditions in those prisons are more or less akin to slavery and corporations basically used them for cheap labor. It also gave the government incentives to lock people up, which the corporations then used for profit. It's really a horrifying concept.

Either way, we're getting rid of them, which is a good thing, and I just felt like I should write a small something on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment