Friday, June 30, 2023

Discussing SCOTUS shooting down student debt forgiveness

 In a move that surprises no one, SCOTUS shot down Biden's student debt forgiveness on the grounds that he was not given authorization from congress. It should be noted that this is not a blanket shooting down of all student debt forgiveness attempts, but just trying to do it via the heroes act. We can't have any nice things, can we?

Anyway, given it's one of my top priorities, I wanted to make note of it. I don't have a ton to say about this. I knew it was coming. The right loves to concern troll over constitutionality and executive overreach when democrats are in power, but when republicans are in power suddenly they go full on fascist. How hypocritical of them. This is one of those cases. They made a big deal over some technicality, took it to the courts, and the courts sided with them because trump shifted the balance right. 

Ah well, try again another way, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment