So, Christina Pike is awake, and YIKES, her condition is what I would describe as "death would potentially be preferable to this." She's apparently paralyzed on both arms. She can't eat. She has pneumonia.
Look, even if you believe in the death penalty, and I don't, but let's say we did. This is NOT a humane way to do it. This woman is F-ed up from this ordeal. I honestly think at this point she would have been better dead. But now she's alive, in this messed up compromised state, and uh...yeah. Really makes you think "is this it, dawg?" Even if we're gonna be pro DP here, we can probably agree some other method of execution would've been a lot cleaner than this. Hanging, firing squad, electric chair, gas. All preferable to this, assuming they all worked. Even then, all of those have some risk of going wrong. One just has to watch the green mile to see how the electric chair can go wrong. Hanging can go wrong in grotesque ways. Bullets can miss. The asphyxiation from gas can lead to torturous effects. So yeah, I still lean toward "how about NOT killing people?" I mean, if we cant get lethal injection right, maybe we shouldn't do anything, but yeah. Honestly, I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth like...yeah this is barbaric, can we NOT do this?
I know not everyone's gonna agree. A lot of comments i see with social media are like "she should have suffered MORE!", but we already know what kinds of people are saying that kinda stuff. Really showing that "Christian love", guys! Jesus totally would have approved! (He totally would not have approved). But yeah. Anyway. Idk, I look at this and think that this practice of ours is messed up and should be abolished. No one should go through this, and I don't particularly care if they were a murderer either. Two wrongs don't make a right.
No comments:
Post a Comment