Saturday, October 1, 2016

If you think like me, here is yet another reason to not support Clinton

So, a recent story of leaked audio of Clinton talking to her donors revealed some things about what she really thinks about millennials and Bernie supporters behind closed doors. The link above includes audio on this subject.

First of all, there's a clip that discusses her ideology. She is an unapologetic centrist that occupies the space between the "center left" and "center right". She resists urges and efforts by more left wing people to turn us into "Scandinavia", and feels like she has few friends at her location on the spectrum.

Any person who has any reason to call Clinton progressive just lost the argument. She's a wishy washy centrist just like I've been saying. I want to take a more left wing direction and she clearly will resist that as president. As such, after hearing her spill the beans of what I already knew, I can once again reiterate my lack of support for Hillary. She will bring no change and will resist any attempt at more fundamental economic change. She more or less views people like me as extremists. She will not get my vote.

Now. The second part, and the part that's getting everyone upset. The second audio clip describes millennials as "children of the recession", people who have few economic prospects, despite being highly educated who feel ripped off by the economy, and live in their parent's basements.

This seemed to offend a lot of people, especially the basement dwelling part, but I don't think she's necessarily wrong, at least for me. Heck, she described me well, all things considered. I'm more insulted that she actually gets it and still does nothing for us. That she still insists on talking down and condescending to us and telling us her way is better. Here I am thinking she's out of touch, but she actually understands our pain. She just doesn't care. That's even worse. Clinton, as far as I'm concerned, doesn't seem to care. And going back to the first audio clip, she will actually resist our efforts to push for a more just economy that works for us.

So let me just say, as a left wing extremist basement dweller or whatever, she is not getting my vote. My mind was made up before this came out, but this really deals or beyond sealing it. She isn't gonna do crap in office. She has her little centrist agenda and she's gonna tell us we better fall in line or else. She understands the problem yet does little to fix it. She doesn't deserve our votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment