Wednesday, November 9, 2016

As a Stein voter in Pennsylvania, I regret nothing

So, I've been getting a lot of hate over the last day or so for my refusal to back Clinton and my support for Stein. Suck it up, deal with it. I don't care. I regret nothing. I put much effort into my vote and I voted for what I think is right. I am prepared to accept a Trump win here, because Clinton is an awful candidate who only poisoned the progressive movement anyway.

I can only hope the democrats learn from this defeat. This is what happens when you treat your voters like crap. Clinton was forced down our throats, and beyond that, she didn't listen to her voters. She told us to sit down, shut up, and support her or else. She offered no positive message, and she pissed a lot of people off.

The democrats need to own this defeat, not blame third party voters. I hope that they learn that they need a positive message next time. I hope they learn that they need to support a progressive, not a wishy washy centrist who manages to collect hate and ire from both sides of the aisle.

On a side note, I just want to point out that in Pennsylvania, last I looked, Trump won by 75,000 votes or so. The entirety of Jill Stein voters in the state was close to around 49,000. Even if all of us supported Clinton, she would have lost. Why? Because she was a crap candidate.

I take no pleasure in Trump becoming president. He is going to be an awful president. But I do feel a bit relieved that we don't have to deal with 8 years of a neoliberal presidency that accomplishes nothing and wastes everyone's time. Even if the democrats won here, this outcome would happen in 4-8 years, because let's face it, Hillary wouldn't do crap to fix anything. At least now the democrats can regroup, and try better in 2018 and 2020. I hope they put forward a positive message next time and bring Sanders people back into the fold for real instead of lambasting them like they've been doing for the last 24 hours or so. Yeah, brilliant, blaming people, that really wants to make us vote for you. Try harder next time, okay? You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment