Friday, November 11, 2016

Bernie Sanders 2020?

So, I've seen Sanders drop the possibility of running again in 2020, despite being 79 years old at that time. While I question whether he would be healthy enough due to advanced age and the fact that he would literally be leaving office at age 87 if he serves 2 terms, I'm not just open to the idea, I'm enthusiastic. I've said it for 2 years now: Sanders is what the country needs, and he's what the democratic party needs.

He is authentic, he has no scandals or outstanding issues, he's relatively honest and trustworthy, he has conviction, and he has a platform that will revolutionize America. With my whole party realignment ideas, I truly think Sanders could be the democratic Reagan to Donald Trump being the republican carter. Reagan had parallels to FDR. Bush had parallels to Truman. Clinton had parallels to Eisenhower. Bush 2 had parallels to Johnson. I think Obama/Clinton had parallels to Richard Nixon, Trump will have parallels to Carter, and Sanders will have parallels to Reagan.

While we will need special consideration to who Sanders' vice president will be, and we need to make sure he puts a good successor in place since his odds of death in office would be extremely high (people have of dropping dead when they are older than 80), I think he would be exactly what the country needs. He is what we need now, and after four years of Trump, he will be needed even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment