Saturday, August 21, 2021

Democrats flexing on progressives makes me want to support them even less

 I swear, democrats are their own worst enemies when it comes to getting people to suppport them. It's like they're unknowingly practicing reverse psychology on people to make people NOT want to support them. A lot of progressives are in an abusive relationship with the democratic party, and the dems seem to know it. They have nowhere to go, so they basically tell them that and tell them they have to vote for them or else they get the other guy. Then when they win, they're like "YOU SEE, YOU STUPID PROGRESSIVES, THE VOTERS WANT PRAGMATIC MODERATES AND INCREMENTALISM AND DON'T WANT PIE IN THE SKY PROGRESSIVE IDEAS." When people vote for them, they ascribe a motive to those voters, conflating a large proportion of lesser evil votes as active support for their ideology, and insisting that voters want their brand. This is a huge reason I find voting for moderates so untenable. When I vote for candidate, I see it as a tacit support of their ideology and agenda. And I don't support those guys. I dont like that agenda. And because dems seem to treat votes as rewards for their percieved popularity, I refuse to reward them with a vote. This is why I demand democrats earn their vote. I will vote for a candidate who at least tries to appeal to me. Even if they aren't perfect, even if they fail on some of my priorities. I mean, Bernie lacked support for UBI. Yang failed to support medicare for all. I would have voted for either. But what I wont vote for is someone who is obviously hostile to my interests and then demands I support them. Ean my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment