Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Was I wrong about Biden's debt ceiling deal?

 So, I saw Kyle Kulinski's take on it, and uh...this actually isn't bad all things considered. Biden actually did a good amount of damage control. Sure, some work requirements were expanded, but at the same time eligibility was expanded in net for SNAP. And medicaid was protected. It's still a shame that Biden had to cave at all, but all things considered, I can live with this. 

Oh, and all things considered, republicans are melting down over how it's a bad deal for them. I agree, but it seems like it's a not terrible deal for the left. Biden protected a lot more than he gave up. 

Okay, so, I was a bit too negative in my last post on this subject. This deal ain't perfect. No compromise with the GOP is, but this isn't terrible, all things considered. It's kind of like gathering a bunch of infantry together to force a sturm meteor strike away from a bunch of megatanks, to make an advance wars reference. Basically, gave up the most minor concessions possible to avert a complete disaster. GOP all things considered only got like a small percentage of what they actually wanted here. 

So yeah if Dark Brandon is gonna hose the GOP as much as he can get away with, then I admit he negotiated this a lot better than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment