Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Discussing christianity, homosexuality, spirituality, and why it's not disrespectful to ask someone to leave their religion

 So, this is something that kinda sorta pissed me off today. I was on a forum dedicated to spirituality (mostly NDEs) and a person commented and asked for advice regarding homosexuality. They were concerned it was a sin, and that they were going to hell, and were asking NDE experiencers what they thought of it, having supposedly experienced the other side. I've done a pretty decent amount of research into this topic, and have my own spiritual beliefs, and having completely wiped the christian mindvirus out of my perspective, I basically told them what I really think.

I told them that god doesn't care about what they do with their PP, as long as they dont harm others, and I encouraged them to leave christianity and move beyond its thinking. This led to my comment being modded, and while the mod seemed to support my opinion overall, they seemed to think it was "disrespectful" to ask them to leave their religion. And in typical style, I'm deciding to double down. Not to them, because i dont wanna start an argument there, but here on my blog where I can freely vent on these subjects without consequence. 

Here's the thing. As an ex christian myself, I REALLY do not respect christianity as a worldview and I do see it as a mind virus. It is actually a very damaging way of thinking that ends up causing a lot of mental anguish for people, especially the LGBTQ+ community. Hell, I think that for as much talk as there was about how its disrespectful to ask them to leave their religion, I think CHRISTIANITY is disrespectful in telling people they're sinful for being what they are. Seriously, Christianity has this hyper fixation on sexuality, and while it's harmful for most of us, even those who are straight, it seems especially harmful for LGBTQ+ people. In my youth, christian parents would send their kids to literal indoctrination camps to try to make their kids stop being gay. It was disgusting. The amount of mental anguish and scars christianity causes gay people is truly horrifying, and I really think the big panacea is to encourage people to stop being christians.

There is plenty of spirituality out there that doesn't rely on that reactionary garbage. And if you're in a more general spirituality community like an NDE community, I would expect to be able to discuss spiritual matters like adults. Hell, how about I actually explain sexuality and homosexuality, and even transgenderism, from my own spiritual worldview.

I mean, I'm on an NDE forum for a reason. I do believe NDEs exist. I never experienced one, but I have researched the topic and found rather consistent themes across a large number of experiencers that seem to point to a largely positive, universalist experience in which you experience unconditional love, and life reviews and blah blah blah. Most people in NDEs are either told they have to go back, or they are given a choice, and those who return obviously chose to go back. 

However, what happens if you don't go back? Well, from my research, you go to "heaven", for lack of a better word. Your real spiritual home is there, and this reality is more like a video game or simulation, to use a concept I'm familiar with in this earthly environment. Some people seem to stay there for a while, some reincarnate quickly, but a lot of people reincarnate. There isn't much information out there about why we reincarnate, and why we come here, although it seems to have something to do with learning and having experiences. However, it doesn't make sense why immortal souls who basically come from god would need to learn lessons. Maybe eternity really is that boring that we challenge ourselves for the luls. I personally think coming here is an act of masochism. Most sources seem to indicate we come here voluntarily, but I'm also not sure. There's a lot of theories out there. Buddhism and hinduism seem to color a lot of peoples' ideas regarding this (including things like karma), but im not really sure if this stuff exists and what the overall purpose is. 

I know my own purpose for being here. It's to spread and share knowledge in order to enlighten people here. And this blog is part of my expression on that. But yeah. Other than that, I just don't really know. 

Anyway, eventually we reincarnate here.

And this is where objective reality comes in and conflicts with religions and political ideologies and blah blah blah. I fully believe that this world is a bit like a sandbox. It's a choose your own adventure type of place where we can live however we want, and honestly? I don't think most people here live up to their full potential. There are a lot of authoritarian ideologies out there, both on the left and the right,a nd often tied to religion. They think they have all of the answers for why we're here, and they have this strict life script for how people should live their lives, and quite frankly, we dont have to live our lives in any such way. And I try to be a force to free people from those coercive ideologies.

Christians are especially notorious in our own culture at this stuff. I've been focusing more on the left wing SJWs lately due to my own alignment with the left and how these people often cause issues for people like me, but the right is still a larger enemy all things considered. 

Christianity has this very strict idea. Like, sex is within marriage, PP in VJJ, and any deviation from that is sin. Some even oppose birth control. Which is especially ridiculous. LIke we're just here to pump out kids, work, and die. Such a boring waste of a life, IMO. And honestly, not everyone fits into this box. Like, here's my take on LGBTQ+ stuff from a spiritual perspective. Say you're starting a new RPG, let's say pokemon as it will get the point across more easy. You start up pokemon and professor oak asks you "are you a boy or a girl?" Now, soul you might be used to playing as a boy, but it might decide to try a different character by choosing girl. Okay. So what happens if the soul doesn't really like the choice and regrets being the opposite gender? Well, doesnt that sound a lot like gender dysphoria? Maybe there is a spiritual aspect to that. Same with homosexuality. Maybe you're used to being a girl, and you play as a guy, and it just doesn't work, and you instead want to have sex with other guys or something? Again, it happens. 

What's the answer for these people? Well, to live the best life you can, whatever that may be, duh. It's really that simple. Some people wanna have sex with certain types of people, or arent comfortable with their gender, and want to live differently. LET THEM. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

Again, because conservative, authoritarian ideologies. I admit SJWs overcorrect. They not only accept the stuff, they became zealous and cult like in doing so and it just becomes an insufferable circlejerk. But the core concept is there. Like, screw conservative ideologies that tell you that how you live is wrong. There is nothing wrong with living as a gay or trans person. You're not hurting anyone and as long as all behavior with others is consensual, what's the problem? 

These ideologies, like christianity, are very small minded. They take a rich sandbox experience and break it down to something very linear and one dimensional. And it doesn't work for everyone. And then if you point out it doesnt work for anyone, they wanna "correct" your behavior to fit their idea of what life should be.

And when I see gay christians struggling with this behavior, it's somehow disrespectful for them to point out christianity is the problem? Really? Because it totally fricking is. It's the worldview telling them something is wrong with them and that when they die eternal hellfire awaits because they wanna perform "buck dich" for real in the privacy of their own homes (yeah, keeping up with the rammstein references). 

I'm sorry, but SCREW CHRISTIANITY. I see it as extremely psychologically harmful, and even traumatic for its followers and ex followers. And I'm just supposed to stand by and not tell them that that is the problem causing their entire dilemma in the first place? That they shouldnt feel shame for who they are? SCREW THAT. 

If you're gay, and you're struggling with your homosexuality and its "sinfulness", the good news is GOD DOESN'T CARE, LIVE YOUR LIFE AS YOU WANT. Stop embracing a religion that is harmful for your psyche. You can be spiritual, have a relationship with god, what have you, without that stuff. "God", spirit guides, those who watch us from the other side might USE christianity in order to communicate with us, but they don't NEED to use that medium. If anything, you could probably have a more fulfilling relationship with god without that stuff, because then you won't have to worry about pissing off the stern father like sky daddy who threatens to put you in the eternal burny pit because you enjoy buttsex. So yeah, I will condemn christianity, I'm not sorry, and you should never feel sorry about being you or living your best life. Period. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment