Sunday, July 16, 2023

I'm sorry, RFK stans, but you guys are insane

 So....I dared post stuff about RFK's fart experience online on other forums I go to, and the reaction I got was mostly positive, as most people found it insane, but then the RFK stans came in and tried to start an argument against me, going on about how the mainstream media is biased against RFK and that we don't like him because we're brainwashed and how he's the change guy and he has such good positions on the environment and is anti war and blah blah blah. And UGH.

So, I figured I would hit the beehive even harder by posting this. Sorry, RFK stans, but to be blunt, I feel like you guys are a few fries short of a happy meal. A few cards short of a full deck. Or to be more blunt, and more insulting, you guys are blathering idiots who have no freaking clue what you're talking about. 

On the context of media coverage, sure, the media coverage is biased against him. But, the "media" isn't me. I'm my own guy, I cover what I want to cover, I'm an anti establishment liberal, and I actually am attracted to candidates who arent mainstream. I supported Bernie when he was 1% in the polls way back in 2014. I supported Andrew yang when he was consistently 2%. Both candidates were largely ignored by corporate media and there was a blackout against them. And I support Williamson despite her 8% support. 

What makes those guys different than RFK? Oh idk, policy? Having a fricking platform? Not being a conspiracy theorist? Not being freaking anti vax? Not going on about wanting to get back to normal without covid which...given my political views, I feel like COVID should have taught us valuable lessons about the economy and how it work that people are conveniently overlooking? 

Yet these guys act like I'm the biggest biden stan for crapping on RFK. While I'll openly admit I'm kinda neutral on biden atm, I dont like him, i dont hate him, he's okay, but only okay, and that I'll prefer him over over RFK, that doesnt mean Biden is "my guy". Quite frankly, I'm kinda politically homeless right now. I'm yang gang but even yang abandoned the yang gang. I'm left of the craplibs, I'm right of the "leftists". I hate the SJWs but I also hate the alt right. Im anti work but the anti work movement largely rejects me for not being leftist enough for them. Like, I dont fit in ANY boxes these days. 

But you know what? As I said, im open minded to progressive candidates, I just dont like RFK? Why? because the dude is a fake populist with no policy. I cant properly even measure him on my metrics because he doesnt really have consistent stated positions to nail down. And sorry RFK stands im not watching freaking 2 hour videos trying to dissect the guy. Especially because the one time i did that, I literally made an article on it and I went off on a rant against everything the dude was saying. I even asked RFK stans to sell me on the guy and guess what, not only did they fail to do so, I became MORE anti RFK in response. 

The fact is, he has no stated policy, he spouts a lot of conspiratorial nonsense, and his supporters are, in my opinion, fricking insane. Really, any time I end up with an RFK stan arguing with me in my inbox, I cringe, I go "ugh", and i wonder why such weird people are spouting such delusional stuff at me. 

I don't like the guy. Okay? I mean, I write enough stuff on here explaining my views on things. I have very specific ideas I look for in presidential candidates. No one fits my goals exactly. BUT, some people fit my goals a lot better than others.

Measuring the three democratic candidates, marianne williamson is a fairly positive candidate for me. I have disagreements with her, sure, but she at least kinda sorta gets it right and goes in my direction. Biden, he has, in some incremental and fragmented ways, attempted to push for SOME of my goals. He's far more flawed for me than williamson is, but at least he gives me SOMETHING to work with. RFK? Dude literally might as well be a republican. I get vague platitudes about the environment, "anti war" nonsense (I will never understand why some weirdos are so ride or die on being against ukraine, I'm sorry but it's a dumb positions to take), and a lot of conspiracy stuff. But for some reason these stans keep acting like he's "the guy". 

If you cant even sell me on him at a possibility, then guess what, he's crap. If your candidate is, by my standards, WORSE than biden, then that's kind of a problem. Because in 2020, when I did a metric of all of the candidates, Biden was LITERALLY one of the worst ones. You needed to be mike bloomberg or howard schultz level to be WORSE than biden for me. RFK is somehow worse than that.

Dude is just one step better than trump or a republican. That's how bad he is. Sadly, the modern GOP is MORE insane than him given that people like trump and desantis and MTG seem to be its standard bearers. But the fact that a big argument for RFK is that he appeals to those knuckleheads by kinda sorta going in that direction politically does not inspire confidence. Because Im not interested in winning the literal "batcrap insane idiot" vote. 

So no, sorry RFK stans, I don't like the guy. He's one step better than a republican, and two steps below biden. It isnt that I actually LIKE biden. As I said, biden is "okay". But only okay. Im more progressive than biden. But RFK ain't it. 

If you want a real progressive candidate this time around, look into williamson. Yes, some will call her a crystal lady, yes, they're not completely wrong on that one, but at least she has decent policies that I can measure and weigh against my own priorities. And at least she stacks up more favorabily than biden. I dont LOVE williamson, im not ride or die on her but at least she gives me SOMETHING. And that goes a long way with me. I'd take an imperfect economic bill of rights than this fake populist crap.

ANd quite frankly, if you LIKE RFK, I would suggest you get educated. Because i for the life of me cannot fathom the guy's appeal. Again, he's a literal crank magnet, and if you like him, odds are you're a "crank." You believe a lot of nonsense, and you're not very intellectually stimulating to talk to. Which is why I get so dismissive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment