Wednesday, April 26, 2023

In a move that surprises no one, Biden declared his 2024 run

 And also in a move that surprises no one, his campaign is milquetoast and mediocre. I like the framing somewhat, he argued either we'll have more freedom or less, implying that the GOP wants to take away freedom. And I kind of agree. Democrats stand for civil liberties and the GOP does not.

But let's be honest...don't we all wish we were...past this now? The GOP has gotten increasingly insane, and every election is just a vote for a lesser evil. We're not voting for something, we're voting against something. And admittedly, even I feel the need to vote against the GOP with how bad they've been. 

But don't think for a moment I like the democrats. my stance on them has not really changed much since 2016. As I've pointed out, only reasons I'm supporting Biden's inevitable presidency is because I don't want the country to fall to fascism. That and I honestly ain't overly excited about any alternative. Seriously. Williamson is no Bernie to me. And honestly, what I really would want is a Yang 2024 run we're just...not gonna get. 

Bleh. 

Politics is disappointing these days.

Even worse, the dems really aren't making it easy to support them. They're up to their same usual tricks in harassing progressives to support them and being overbearing jerks about it. Like, seriously, do you guys not understand that when you act like this, I LITERALLY DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT YOU?! Seriously, you guys are such bad advocates you make me WANNA protest vote when I otherwise wouldn't have.

Same goes with 2016. I went back and read some of my old stuff and it really sank in for me that yeah, if the dems didn't try to strong arm progressives into supporting them...that I probably would have supported them. I didn't like clinton but she was competent. What really set me off was her opposing my vision, and then telling me F U you have to support me anyway. Dems havent really learned with Biden. And that's scary.

Seriously, I'm to the point I take zero responsibility for if Biden loses this time. If you guys alienate the left again, that's your own darned fault. I keep warning you guys, hey, lay off the harassment of progressives, and I still get the same centrist dem jerks online bullying and harassing progressives online.

Seriously, the more you try to own us and relitigate the battles of 2000 and 2016 again, the more likely you are to have to refight those battles. I mean, when your candidate has an uninspiring vision, and that's all you really give us, then yeah, when we go to the polls we're just gonna have a bad taste in our mouths voting democrat. 

Take my advice or don't take it. Just don't complain to me when you end up alienating people. 

I really wish the dems would actually be FOR stuff. Yes, being pro libertarianism on social issues is a nice start. But honestly, we need UBI, we need universal healthcare, free college, climate change action.

Even Biden's original vision is looking not terrible right now. ive warmed up to build back better. The child tax credit expansion was practically a large scale UBI pilot. Public option healthcare with automatic opt in would be nice.

It's not that in all of these cases that this should be as good as it gets, clearly many of these are half measures, but Biden doesn't even support those overtly any more. 

Honestly, his whole candidate exposes the folly of centrism. We wanted the full policies, we got told to settle for half policies, and then he cant even accomplish those. The talk of "pragmatism" was always about watering crap down and now we barely got nothing. And all Biden has for 2024 is not being crappy on social issues. 

Really, it's just a race to the bottom. 

Again, the only thing keeping me supporting the guy in the general is the fact that we're gonna slide into fascism if we don't. I'll support williamson or whomever is the best my way in the primary, but honestly, the dems are quite hostile to the idea of there being competition in the primary and their message is turning me off.

Bleh, this whole election cycle is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment