Monday, August 8, 2022

Breaking: FBI raids Mar A Lago

 So, I wasn't planning on doing another article tonight, but I just have to jump in on this one. So, a big news story happening as we speak is the FBI is raiding mar a lago. You know, Trump's resort in florida. And, I'm going to be honest, I'm kind of ecstatic. This tells me the justice department is serious about building a case against this guy over his involvement in the January 6th insurrection and might be prosecuting him in the future.

I say, GOOD. The dude is a scumbag who deserves to be barred from running for office ever again, if not thrown in jail for his crimes. ANd of course, Trump is acting all whiny about it claiming it's malpractice and an abuse of power (dude who abused power says what now?, but I'm just cheering this on. Looking at news coverage, his supporters seem to be rallying outside of Mar A Lago with their little trump signs, and it's just hilarious. Stay salty my friends. 

Yeah, I know I'm not very "humanity first" with this to put it in Yang terms, but honestly, if Yang is serious about resolving polarization and reducing political violence, prosecuting Trump is step 1. He created the most dangerous and flagrant elements of the problem, and throwing the book at him is step 1 to solving it. Ultimately to truly solve it we need to implement the Roosevelt strategy as I said, but again, this is step 1. Make an example out of the guy who invoked so much political violence and extremism across the country. Let justice prevail. Really. All the stuff Miles Taylor was talking about today, yeah. We need to make an example out of Trump. If we want to stop political violence, we need to do something about the guy who provoked political violence. 

So yeah, build that case, Merrick Garland. Prosecute him. Stop him from ever running for office again. Force him into retirement in shame. It's necessary for the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment