Tuesday, August 9, 2022

DIscussing Yang's cringe tweets

 I know, I know, I'm beating Yang to death here and my distaste with the new forward party, but Andrew yang just went full enlightened centrist here on an issue I just took a stand on and I feel a need to respond. 

Basically, he thinks that the FBI invading Trump's home in Mar A Lago is a bad idea because it might incite the Trumpers. And, this is ridiculous. 

Here's why I take a stand so hard on Trump. It was all fun and games for me until the January 6th crap. I used to mock and make fun of the guy, and not take him super seriously, thinking he was an idiot and a blowhard, but then January 6th kind of cased the more hard line side of me to snap. This guy, is an existential threat to democracy. He literally tried to commit a coup. He incited his followers to insurrection at the capitol in an attempt to overturn the election, and that's DANGEROUS. This guy is a fundamental threat to democracy that goes above and beyond my disdain for the rest of the GOP. 

And, to comment on Yang's thought process lately, he keeps talking about the rise of political violence, well, GUESS WHAT, TRUMP INCITED THAT TOO. Lets be honest, there IS more to the patterns here than just Trump. The GOP has been radicalizing for decades. And I noticed the post Bush GOP was just too insane to reason with or deal with. And revisiting Understanding the Times, I'm convinced these guys are delusional nutcases. HOWEVER, Trump took these guys, added gasoline, and lit a match. He is basically the dude who took and weaponized that already crazy movement for his own ends, turning his supporters into his own little personal army.

And while, yes, raiding Trump's home and arresting him, or prosecuting him, might trigger his supporters, but it has to be done. This guy needs to be kept out of office again, as him getting in could allow him to actually succeed in overthrowing democracy. Last time, there were enough patriotic people surrounding him to tell him no, and ultimately, his attempts with jan 6th failed. BUT, he could try again, learn from his mistakes, and succeed. Keep in mind Hitler failed before he actually succeeded. Trump should be treated like a Hitler. If we could bar him from running again, that would put my mind at ease a lot with 2024. Even if we end up with, dare I say it, President Desantis, I will hope he has the good sense to not do what Trump did, as crazy as he is.

Trump needs to be made an example of, and punished severely for his crimes. It's needed for the future of our democracy. Justice should not be blind here simply because it might upset some people. And while I know at this point the FBI raid was about taking classified documents he shouldn't have, that's still an offense that could bar him from running again. I mean if we got Al Capone on tax evasion, I would happily take this if it bars him from running again.

Yang...he's too soft on this. He's too conciliatory. He seems so obsessed with being afraid of offending people that he keeps pushing this mushy enlightened centrism of "oh no we can't do that because it might inflame someone".

The GOP are so volatile everything inflames them. And that's the problem. We need to cut the head off the snake and hope that it leads to the rest of the movement calming down. Maybe people would get nuts at first, but maybe, the longer Trump is out of the picture, people will simmer down and come to reason. That's my hope at least. The point for me is that Trump IS a unique existential threat to this country above and beyond the rest of the GOP, and we need to stop him. I say hold him accountable to the fullest extent of the law, lock him up, and throw away the key. Will some people get triggered? Sure. But these people get triggered over cracker barrel offering vegan dishes. I don't think there's much we can reasonably do to NOT trigger them. They LIVE for being triggered by SOMETHING. For me the best way to solve the problem is to get rid of the dude riling them up in the first place. Maybe another leader will arise in his place, but hopefully he will be less charismatic, more moderate, and ultimately start destroying his movement. I honestly think the risk for violence is greater if Trump DOES run again and DOES win. What happens beyond that, well, again, these guys get triggered by everything so who cares what they think. If nothing triggers them they'll make up some new fake controversy instead to get riled up. I mean, we've seen them do it before. It's what they live for. WHats dangerous is a wannabe autocrat weaponizing them for his personal army. Pointing them in a direction and letting them do his dirty work. Take away the guy giving them orders and that anger isn't directed in overtly dangerous ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment