Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A brief perspective of the first debate

I don't really have much to say here. It was pretty standard establishment bs. The questions were framed in ways to support establishment politics, with little to no emphasis on the kinds of left wing politics I support and discuss on here. The answers were standard and what you would expect from the candidates. Trump had little of value to say, and Clinton basically bored me. The only thing I had to say good about Clinton is I saw some of bernie's ideas in there like a jobs program, a higher minimum wage, etc. Still i dont feel Clinton is really a progressive here. She lacks conviction. She needs to be pressured to do these things and question how she will act in office.

There was no clear winner. If I had to choose I would pick Clinton since her politics are more closer to my own and she's a more substantive candidate, but honestly, no matter who wins, America is the loser here. It seems people who like trump say trump won and those who like Clinton say Clinton won. That indicates to me that the outcome is subjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment