Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Discussing Forward's response to the SOTU

 So Christine Whitman did the forward party's responses to the SOTU before it even came out, and I wasn't going to cover THAT, but I might as well. I mean, it was only 2 minutes, and it resonated far more with me than either of the other SOTUs. She talked about the political dysfunction, how politics isn't working for us, and how we're tuning out. I mean, she's not wrong. The SOTU is political theater, all the normies are just eating up Biden's line about social security, and while yes, we should defend it, i mean, that's the best we got? Defending an 85 year old program from the radical right?

Now, I'm going to be honest. I dont like Christine Todd Whitman. She herself is boring, she's milquetoast, she doesn't stand for anything, and I resent her joining forces with Yang at the expense of his UBI advocacy. Forward stands for nothing but political reform. But let's face it, after watching both SOTUs from the two main parties, this was better. The standards this year are so low, and simply by identifying problems adequately, she arguably has a SOTU that resonates more than Biden's to some extent. 

I'm not sold on forward any more, but honestly, this was better than the clown show going on between the two major parties. Again, Biden was milquetoast, the GOP is off their rockers. Forward is also milquetoast but a little more populist about it. The greens didnt give a response that i know of. heck idk of any progressive who did. Bleh. Again, politics sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment