Sunday, February 5, 2023

So, south carolina is officially the first primary

 So, we've discussed this previously, there isn't much more to say. South Carolina is officially first. While I can support getting rid of Iowa as first, south carolina, really? What is even the strategic importance for democrats? Hint: as far as the general election goes, there is none. South Carolina is a red state, it hasn't gone blue since the peanut farmer ran in 1976, and is a solid R+15 state roughly. What strategic importance is there? It has zero impact on the national environment. 

Well, we already know the answer, because I've discussed this before. Here's why the democrats LOOOOVE to push these far right southern states as primary openers. 1) They're very conservative, 2) they're full of really old black people. The first one has a role in pushing the party to the center. Centrist democrats, particularly POC in the south, have zero political ambitions. They will vote for ANY democrat over ANY republican, putting the party line over any ideology, principle, or policy ambitions. They fit the very angle the democrats love to go for in pushing the idea of "blue no matter who", because these guys are the ultimate blue no matter whoers. When your other party is full of all the yeehaws wanting to go back to Jim Crow, yeah, to them, voting democrat is about mere survival and nothing else. And that's what the democrats want, and that's the kind of ethos they want to direct the NATIONAL conversation. They want the 2024 election to be about electing Joe Biden, and convincing a bunch of people who are lukewarm to the guy at best to vote for him. You know, like EVERY election. They know what they're doing. 

The second point I bring up, because let's face it, the democrats can't shut up about race. They will push it as "elevating black voices" and going on about "this is what America looks like", but note what I said, OLD black people. OLD. As in baby boomer old. As in old enough to remember Jim Crow old. And these guys are very conservative. Younger black people don't tolerate this crap. The under 35s LOVED bernie sanders when he ran. But honestly, here's the thing, this is really just a way to beat down on progressives. Because what happens? Well, when the establishment favored candidate, Joe Biden, scores an early lead, the media will frame it as over before it started. They will love to once again get up and say, all high and mighty and antagonistically: "you see you white progressives, you dont get the black vote." With their sycophants just chanting ERMAHGERD, TEH BLACK VOTE, T3H BLACK VOTE! It's sickening. And if we dare say anything against it, well, we're racist. Or privileged. Or both. You can't win. Because they set up the argument to make it impossible to win. They'll have these guys vote first, set the tone, declare Biden the winner, tell Americans it's over and encourage any progressive challenger to drop out, and paint them as an out of touch white person who just doesn't understand black people. And then they will harp on us, telling us we're privileged and blah blah blah if we don't vote for the democrats. 

Honestly, I'm not amused. it should be blunt at this point, for anyone who follows this blog, that I'm NOT racist. I'm not pointing any of this stuff out to be racist. I'm pointing it out to explain how the democrats are going to abuse the race issue to frame the entire national environment for 2024, and basically put progressives in an uncomfortable position where their candidate fails at launch, and if you dare point out why, YOU'RE the racist one. That's what it is, they're weaponizing the race issue against us and forcing us to be put in a position of either STFU and go along with them or be lambasted as a racist piece of crap. I'm just trying to call them on it, that's all.

Quite frankly, black, white, I don't care. I'm so over the racial dialogue in this country. I don't value black votes any more than white votes. They're just votes. I care about issues. I'm, first and foremost, a basic income, universal healthcare, and anti work activist. I am trying to make certain specific priorities, like a basic income, policy in the united states. That's what I care about. What I do not care about is all of this culture war nonsense about race and gender and trans stuff and blah blah blah. I really don't. I just want people to live and let live, and to be allowed to live the life that they want to live. Everyone should have their basic needs secured, and then be allowed to pursue whatever live they want to lead. I don't care other than that, I really don't. 

But that's why im an out of touch progressive. I have policy goals, ambitions, I don't sacrifice my goals on the altar of white male liberal guilt, and I don't allow the democrats to push me around. So they'll just tell me I don't understand black people or whatever, and I'll just go tell them to pound sand and then vote for whomever gets me closest to my goals, even if they're a third party with no real chance of winning. I smell a repeat of 2016 and 2020 here. But we'll see. As I said, i did back up the dems in 2022, but whether I do in 2024 remains to be seen. My vote is totally on the table right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment