So, kyle Kulinski covered this, but yeah, the Trump administration is building terror blacklists of popular left wing media figures, and it's scary as fudge. They're literally treating the left like radical Islamic jihadists, at least that's what they're saying. And it's disgusting. Look, we have free speech in this country, and there's a reason I'm darned near absolutist on protecting it. Any law that the left makes against the right, the right can do against the left, and we're seeing that now. DSA is now a terrorist organization in these guys' eyes. Zohran Mandani is a terrorist. A lot of groups like Code Pink and Black lives matter are terrorists. Anyone left of center is a terrorist. And yeah, we talked about David Pakman last night punching left at DSA, and Kyle said why is he doing that? He'll put Pakman in with Hasan in the gulags too. And Pakman IS...basically, on a list too.
This is scary. It's full on red scare stuff. McCarthyism. but let's go deeper, this is fascism. This is why I'm suddenly "blue no matter who" in 2024, because I kinda realized after January 6th and how fascist the Trump campaign was shaping up to be that his second term basically would be something like this. And while, again, he can't criminalize free speech directly, putting people on terror lists does account for that.
What I find ironic is that he frames this stuff as "anti western." Again, I consider myself a defender of western civilization, but what is it about western civilization that's so great? it IS democracy, it IS rule of law, it IS our constitutional rights and freedoms, all of the things this administration hates. When this administration talks about western values, they basically mean the judeo-Christian worldview (with emphasize on "judeo" given the Israel worship), and the protestant work ethic. Ya know, all the crappy parts.
And again, it isn't even as easy as "dont be a flaming tankie communist" either. Because, again, David Pakman is a "media enemy" according to Trump. Basically, they're trying to criminalize half the country, anyone left of center.
This is fascism. This is basically, our enabling act moment. it's not as in your face as that since we DO have constitutional protections, but he's trying to go that way. It's scary that we're in this moment. This is authoritarianism, this is fascism. And let's not mince words about it.
Like, I get the whole thing of "oh, you shouldnt call them fascist, this is hyperbolic." NO! THIS. IS. FASCISM! Like, full stop. This is LITERALLY hitler. im not just invoking Godwin's law here, I'm not trying to be hyperbolic. I'm not trying to cry wolf. THE WOLF IS HERE! FOR REAL!
This is scary. if this keeps escalating, how long until these guys start throwing all left wingers into camps? And again, we're talking liberals too. We are literally getting to the point of "first they came for the X". Except, we gotta point this out because if we don't, as the adage goes, eventually there will be nothing left to speak up for us.
This is scary. This is perhaps one of the scariest moments in America history. This is perhaps the greatest constitutional crisis since the civil war, if not ever. Really, we never had someone who flat out wants to turn us into a dictatorship before, and this guy has congress and the supreme court behind him, and his checks and balances are minimal. I honestly cant wait for the mid terms so we can at least restore some checks and balances, and I kind of expect Trump to try to steal those through some authoritarian plan. Like really, this is some psycho crap, and either we're all gonna end up in a gulag some day, or perhaps we can turn this around. Idk. Things look kinda scary right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment