So, just a dumb idea, but given all the GPU talk, it might be good to contextualize how powerful GPUs I'm talking about are. I'll use the GT 1030 as a baseline given its roughly on par with modern integrated and given it's the cheapest card I recommended. Should give you an idea of how powerful the cards are relative to each other.
Steam deck- 2x GT 1030
Arc A380- 3x GT 1030 ($140)
RX 6400- 3x GT 1030
GTX 1650- 3x GT 1030
RX 480/580- 4x GT 1030
RX 5500/6500 XT- 4x GT 1030
GTX 1060- 4x GT 1030
GTX 1650 Super- 4x GT 1030
RTX 3050 6 GB- 4x GT 1030 ($210)
GTX 1660 Ti/Super- 5x GT 1030
RTX 3050 8 GB- 5x GT 1030 ($260)
RTX 2060- 6x GT 1030
RX 5600 XT- 6x GT 1030
Arc A580- 7x GT 1030 ($200)
RX 6600- 7x GT 1030
GTX 1080 ti- 8x GT 1030
RTX 3060 12 GB- 8x GT 1030
RX 6600/6650 XT- 8x GT 1030
RX 7600- 8x GT 1030 ($260)
RTX 5050- 9x GT 1030 ($310)
RTX 4060- 9x GT 1030
RX 6700 XT- 10x GT 1030
RTX 5060- 11x GT 1030 ($360)
RTX 2080 ti- 11x GT 1030
RX 6800- 12x GT 1030
RX 9060 XT- 12x GT 1030 ($370/470)
RX 7700 XT- 13x GT 1030 ($410)
RTX 5060 ti- 13x GT 1030 ($430/600)
RX 6800 XT- 14x GT 1030
RX 6900/6950 XT- 15x GT 1030
RTX 5070- 16x GT 1030 ($700)
RX 9070 GRE- 16x GT 1030 ($530)
RTX 3090 ti- 16x GT 1030
RX 9070- 18x GT 1030 ($650)
RX 9070 XT- 20x GT 1030 ($710)
RTX 5070 ti- 21x GT 1030 ($1000)
RTX 5080- 24x GT 1030 ($1280)
RTX 4090- 28x GT 1030
RTX 5090- 37x GT 1030 ($4100)
It's kinda like measuring in raditzes in DBZ abridged. And while I'd say, your typical gamer is around a 3060 or 7600 tier card, so around 7-8, yeah, it scales up as you pay more. This is why I said that yeah, even an A380 can be a huge boost. All things considered 5x GT 1030 is around the minimum acceptable performance for modern games, although I'd still recommend getting 7-8x for the same price.
Anyway just a dumb thought experiment i thought of before bed.
EDIT: Added more GPUs and bolded relevant GPUs that are available today for clarity. Jesus christ no wonder I'm biased toward AMD these days. Outside of the 5060, most nvidia offerings arent worth the money tbqh.
No comments:
Post a Comment