Thursday, April 15, 2021

More on the "nobody wants to work anymore" meme

 Okay, so I'm seeing this meme more and more, and often times this is applying not just to restaurants and the like that were closed, but also fast food places, retail, and any place that feels entitled to a cheap and compliant labor force and often has right wing sympathies. Are you seriously going to argue Sonic and McDonalds can't find workers suddenly a year after the pandemic started? Because those are the kinds of places complaining. Come on, this can't be real at this point. These guys have to be memeing and pushing their narratives about stimulus making people lazy while painting themselves as the virtuous good guys who just can't find good help any more. You know, standard "I own a business I'm so important and the world revolves around me" entitlement complex. I don't buy it. At all. Unemployment is 6% currently, which isn't bad, but isnt great either. It's "average". I seriously am starting to doubt these guys can't find workers. I think this is just what passes for virtue signalling among business owners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment