Thursday, August 24, 2023

Discussing Trump's interview with Tucker Carlson

 So this one is going to be a brief one, I don't have a ton to say about this other than this interview had a much different vibe than the debate. The debate was civil and almost sane. I have to admit the general vibe of it may be out of touch with the republican voters and their current extremist tendencies, but it almost felt like a time warp of going back to like the 2000s and debating issues civilly and people having relatively sane positions on issues.

Now, I want to be blunt. This does NOT mean I LIKE these conservatives. I disagree with them. BUT, I am a bit nostalgic for the old days of the republican party when most conservatives ended up just huffing Reagan's farts instead of Trump's. Republicans are going to republican, but if the republicans can shift back to the center a bit where they are no longer threats to democracy itself, that would be nice.

But watching the trump interview was a totally different animal and it really just hammered home how much I hate Donald Trump these days. First, he talked about how he wasn't gonna debate because he didn't think that some of the other candidates had any business running for president, and how everyone would dogpile on him anyway, and holy crapballs batman, mask off from the start. He didnt wanna debate because he felt like his competition DIDNT DESERVE TO RUN (despite him starting off as some businessman butthole with ZERO qualifications) and how he would be attacked. This guy does not respect democracy, he wants to be a DICTATOR. And this is why i put him on a different level than the other candidates. I might think that Mike Pence is one of those small government fundie christian weirdos, but again, republicans are going to republican, this guy (Trump) seems to want to bar his competition from running.

And then most of the discussion seemed to be a massive portal to some alternate reality Jon Stewart might call "BS mountain." He was going on about Jeffrey Epstein not killing himself for some reason, and for much of it he spent defending his actions with the 2020 election and how the democrats stole it and how he was just fighting for his rights or whatever. And it just came off as gaslighting to me.

Not gonna lie, I can see how a lot of ignorant people can fall for his charade, but I'm just going to say it. Folks, this is getting DANGEROUS. I dont expect to agree with the right on much, if anything. But holy fricking crap, this guy is a LITERAL threat to democracy, and a LITERAL liar. Stop lapping up everything he says. He's bad for you. He's bad for our democracy. He's DANGEROUS. He represents a threat now that I dont believe he represented in 2016 and 2020. he won 2016 fair and square, and while I mightve despised the guy in 2020, I still was willing to believe it was business as normal. But post January 6th, there is no normal. THis guy is a full on threat to our country. He's dangerous. Don't listen to a word he says. 

As I said, if I were STILL a conservative, and I have enough sense to still be able to go back to the 2000s and my mindset then and think about which candidates i would like, I would go for Mike Pence. Not only does the dude have tons of experience, but he could offer both a fusion of old school conservatism and a less harmful version of trumpism in his platform. He seems like the strongest conservative pick for me, if I were to put my conservative thinking cap back on. He has everything past me would want in a conservative, and he is very clearly, the strongest candidate on that side of the aisle.

I totally get how Chris Christie and Nikki Haley might come off a little RINO-ey at times. I kinda respected their concessions to the middle and sanity as a liberal, but I do understand they might not be solid conservative standard bearers these days.

Just, for the love of god, avoid Trump and Ramaswamy. Those guys are dangerous and represent threats to our democracy, and that's coming right from both current me and pre 2012 me. Those guys are bad.

Desantis, well....I still see him as a hardliner, and some of his actions in florida concern me quite a bit, but he didn't have overt crazy vibes either last night. He did try to do his hardline thing, but yeah. it didn't resonate. Of course, what do I know? Given Trump, Desantis, and Ramaswamy are the top 3 candidates right now, I seem out of touch with the current GOP. Even if I didn't leave 2012 and stuck true to my values at the time, I still might find myself forced out by this trumpism BS. 

And yeah. Just....get away from him. Trump is insane. His lackeys are insane. The whole party is insane, and just like I feel like sane lefties need to push back against the communists and SJWs on my side of the aisle, I feel like the right needs to push back and take their party back from the trumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment