Thursday, October 13, 2022

AOC heckled by protesters: terminally online leftists or far right plot?

 So, AOC recently held a town hall and got heckled by some supporters. And...I'm going to be honest, I decided I would cover this regardless, but I really had to look at this and think about how dumb a lot of terminally online leftists are. A lot of them talk like this on twitter and reddit, and I've dealt with people like this. They're insane. Honestly, these guys sound like Jimmy Dore stans, given they seem to love Tulsi Gabbard while dunking on AOC. It's just bizarre to me. Like, first of all, this idea that AOC is a sell out is ridiculous. SHE'S ONE PERSON GUYS. She can't control all of congress's agenda. And honestly? her support for Ukraine is a good thing. I know a lot of the far left is simping for Russia in a disturbing way lately, but yeah. Good thing. 

But then someone, in the original place I found this video, mentioned that the original clip (which I posted above) was posted by some conservative organization. Which makes me wonder...is this a Poe's Law thing going on? I've literally argued with leftists and Dore stans who sound like this. But at the same time, those guys are having a disturbing amount of overlap with Trump support these days. And I could see far rightists doing stuff like this to try to trick leftists into supporting their agenda. It was kind of convincing to me. They do sound like wannabe leftists of the Trump supporter crossover variety though, claiming Tulsi is more left because she's "anti war." It's dumb. All of this is dumb. 

Either way, no one should take nutcases like this seriously, and I honestly would support ejecting people like this from the event. If you can't express your points calmly and respectfully in an IRL public gathering, yeah, kick them out. They seem like they're starting trouble for views. Not acceptable behavior IMO. 

EDIT: I have gotten to the bottom of this mystery. I will not be sharing the evidence of this for the sake of protecting the identity of the one involved, but I have discovered he is a Jimmy Dore stan who posts on wayofthebern. Surprise surprise. Exactly the kind of person who would stan for Tulsi while attacking AOC. So this dude isn't a right wing troll. He's 100% serious. *sigh*, and this is why I've distanced myself from these people...

No comments:

Post a Comment