Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Biden campaigning properly on the mid terms

 So, I just came across an article suggesting that if the democrats expand their lead in congress, they'll vote to protect abortion. This is good for Biden to do, and what I kept telling the democrats to do in 2014. The problem back then seemed to be a lack of enthusiasm, there was nothing driving democratic turnout. The democrats should have been out there campaigning, with Obama saying "give me a congress", instead he went on about how democracy is hard work and still ends up blaming voters for not turning out despite them not offering anything. Right now, abortion rights are under siege from the republicans, and the democrats are acting rightly to defend them. And they should run on defending them, and doing something with their power if they get elected. So good job Biden. This is what I expect from democrats. To DO SOMETHING with their power. I admit in this case they're putting out a fire that ended up getting started due to their previous ineptitudes, but hey, at least they're trying. And you know what? I voted blue this year. Primarily because of abortion, but also because I actually LIKE john fetterman. Funny how that works, right? In 2016 I didn't vote for Hillary. In 2018, I voted a combination of green and blue. 2020, I voted all green. This time, I went all blue. Funny how that works, huh? Do things for your constituents and get rewarded. Don't do things and get punished. That's how earning my vote works. So yeah, I like this rhetoric from Biden and I hope democrats lean they can't just expect their voters to turn up no matter what. They actually have to do things. I did my part, now you do yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment