Saturday, April 6, 2024

Addendum to the gamergate post: making a connection to the Rammstein issue last year

 So, Rammstein got accused of sexual assault last year when one woman claimed to have been spiked at a Rammstein concert for the purposes of being coerced into having sex with Till. The accusations turned out to be nothing at the end of the day, with, if anything, the actual accuser losing a TON of credibility among those who followed it and were fans of Rammstein.

However, in a lot of ways, SJWs shifted the goalposts. While originally the the issue was about sexual assault, SJWs decided to use the issue to push their culture war narrative. Suddenly it was about whether 25 year olds and 60 year olds can consent. And groupie culture. And Rammstein's sexual music itself. And suddenly Pussy is no longer on the setlist because it might offend people.

And that's the problem with these SJWs, ultimately, everything spills over into a culture war with them culturally policing everyone and telling them what isn't and isn't acceptable.

Now, imagine you read about this incident in 2033, and the wikipedia article talks about how it was about misogyny within the rammstein community and how people were harassing the original accuser, and blah blah blah the people defending Rammstein were bad, and the SJWs were good and just trying to fight the good fight against misogyny, and yeah that's how I feel like gamergate has been whitewashed by history here. It's being totally framed as a one sided affair of one side just being a bunch of hateful jerks who harassed people while the other side was morally innocent and blah blah blah. 

And I remember gamergate and how at the time it was a contentious issue with both sides having valid points, but both sides having their share of toxicity. Heck thats why i avoided it. Because even though Im a gamer, the gamers were obnoxious and toxic, and even though I was on the left, i couldn't exactly back the SJWs either because they were trying to police their morals in gamer communities and I didn't really like that either. At the time I thought that if I just ignored them they'd all just go away, but with SJW politics becoming ascendant and even dominant among the left in the past decade and it becoming quite clear that you cant just ignore these people or they'll come for something you love eventually, yeah, sadly, I gotta take a harder stance against them in 2024. 

And yeah, Rammstein last year was a major breaking point. Because last year, as I saw it, the rammstein community was mostly a positive force. We're a very progressive, and sex positive community. but the SJWs are a bunch of moral puritans who want to socially police everyone and hold them to their standards and act in illiberal ways to force people to conform to their culture. It's mob justice for them, and using insane levels of soft power to bully their ways to cultural hegemony, and honestly, I do think they need to be resisted.

I want to make clear, again, this doesn't make me alt right. Alt right are a bunch of regressive rightoids pushing actually traditionalist values. I support my own brand of progressive liberalism/libertarianism that lacks this weird social justice mob mentality. A more live and let live approach toward just letting people live as they want and not shoving a certain code of morality down everyone's throat. 

I dont want Rammstein to change. Just like I don't want gaming culture to change. I dont want things that I love and enjoy to change to kow tow to a bunch of moral authoritarians who have to subvert everything to their will and push their little agendas in everything. The social justice left is literally just as bad as the conservative right that I left. Ya know, the ones who thought that violence in video games was a problem, the ones that thought pokemon and harry potter are satanic and that everything has to conform to their authoritarian christian values. All this stuff is, is just the left wing version of that, and given my politics were built out of a desire to reject that, I ain't bowing down to the left wing equivalent. If that makes me a "bad person" or even a rightoid to some, so be it, but I know what I am, and I know what SJWs are, they're moral authoritarians, and moral authoritarians should be rejected and resisted regardless of whether their ideas come from the left or the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment