Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Battle of the cringe Round 4: Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton (again)

 So, Hillary Clinton has decided to show her face again, to tell people to "get over themselves" and to offer people the poison pilled binary choice of "either you vote for the candidate you hate, or you get trump." 

HOW DID THAT WORK LAST TIME, HILLARY?!

Seriously, this is precisely why i didnt vote for her. This snarky, condescending attitude of "I'M BETTER THAN THE OTHER GUY (but still suck) YOU BETTER VOTE FOR ME OR ELSE!" It wasnt the russians, it wasnt james comey, it was YOU. 

And here we are, with Trump back again, and him being A LOT more of a threat to democracy than he was in 2016, and you're coming out of the woodwork to tell people this.

I mean, it's not that I dont agree this time, it's just that this woman is the worst person to do it.

For me, Clinton pushing such a choice on me was an affront to democracy. The dems put their finger on the scale for Hillary in 2016, and then in the general it was "gee you know what, you better support me or else." And I did not support her, because she didn't earn a vote, and I felt a need to actively punish that kind of behavior. Even if it meant trump. Because let's face it, at the time, I saw trump as an incompetent idiot who would implode in office, with the country turning on him en masse. Because why would people be that stupid to support him a second time, right? Well, here we are 8 years later, his movement has gone full fascist and is showing all the signs of wanting to destroy democracy and make trump dictator for life, and....I still hate hillary, but I do have to concede to her slightly.

In this battle of the cringe, Trump wins as the more cringey participant, but let's be clear, I hate both of these MFers. And Clinton is LITERALLY the worst person to tell people to vote for Biden or else they get Trump. It's just giving me 2016 flashbacks when she does that. She ain't even wrong this time, I mean, even I'm like "yeah let's just reelect Biden and save democracy", but yeah. Having her give the message is like telling Vegeta to encourage earth to raise their hands for goku's spirit bomb. Ya know, it doesn't help, no one listens, and it just makes the situation worse.

I really wish this person would stop engaging in politics. Even when she makes the right point, she does it in a way that just alienates the fudge out of everyone. 

And as for me, let me be clear, while I do suspect I'd be voting for Biden regardless, given the candidates in this specific election cycle, I really am going to encourage people to vote for Biden. We have no other decent options, and no capacity for the left to project strength or policy this election cycle. The amount of demand for left wing politicians is near nil, and even if we replaced Biden, we would just be making the situation worse.

And yes, donald trump is, essentially, a full on fascist authoritarian this time. We are in the weimar republic, and hitler is on the ballot. So let's not screw around, let's unite against him, and let's save democracy so that in the future we CAN actually implement a more effective protest vote against the democratic party in order to push them left. Seriously, my normal arguments about democracy dont apply when democracy itself is under assault like this. Because there is no "next time." This MFer wants to be Putin, or Xi, or Kim Jong Un. And he has the political experience and know how to learn from his past mistakes and break the system. Don't let this guy back in again. Please, America. Clinton might be tone deaf as all hell, but in this election cycle, she's not wrong, she's just an ###hole as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment