Monday, April 8, 2024

Biden trying to forgive $20,000 in student loan INTEREST

 So, admittedly we are moving the goalposts a bit, but given he has limited authority according to the courts to forgive student loan debt on his own, and before congress is unlikely to be cooperative with him, we're gonna have to settle for what he can get. I guess Biden spent the past year studying the fine print and revamping his student debt program looking at what CAN be forgive here? if he cant just blanket forgive student loan debt, he can at least forgive interest right? It's a nice idea. Keep in mind I'm on team full forgiveness over here, but this at least would do something given the circumstances. Gotta respect the guy for fighting. I mean, that's all he can do right? TRY. And that's why I'm voting for this MFer in november. He ain't perfect, but he's trying to do something and given this is priority 3.5 for me, I gotta hold him to account for doing so...with a vote. 

Because that's what you do when the politician you want to do cool things, you vote for them. You don't scream BUT WHAT ABOUT GENOCIDE IN GAZA and try to punish him over that. I ask every progressive who was on the same side as me in 2016 and 2020 to ask themselves: is this gaza thing really worth punishing Biden over? Because this guy is still trying to find a way to forgive $20k in student loan debt and I gotta respect that. Do right thing, vote for Biden. We won't get any more progressive things from future democrats if we don't. Just a heads up on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment