Friday, March 15, 2024

Don't believe the news about polls

 So, I keep hearing, after the state of the union, that Biden has had a bump in polling since it. However, when I look at the averages, I'm not really seeing it. I don't think it's time to do an election update, as if I did, the results would be largely the same as what they are now. I mean, we might see a shift from 3.6% in Michigan to 3.5%, but that's about it. Many other swing states have shifted in similar ways. Pennsylvania is now red, but it's only by one point. Some states that were up to around 6-8 points for Trump are now down to around 5-6. So there's movement all over the place, but nothing has really changed. As I said, it's not even worth doing another election update. if you don't believe me, click on the links in my previous update from March 2nd and look at the polling averages, which are constantly updated on realclearpolitics/realclearpolling.com. Really, for all the talk about how good Biden is doing, they're selectively choosing polls that are positive toward Biden and ignoring the averages. It's a lot like how some leftie commentators would hype up one poll showing Marianne Williamson at 12-16% or something while she's getting 3. One poll means little. That really matters is the overall direction of all of the polls combined, which is the point of averaging them out. In that regard, the situation is largely unchanged.

As such, I won't be doing a full election update yet, I basically already gave away all of the most significant details already. I'll likely do that in another week or two, toward the end of the month. At the latest, possibly in early April.

No comments:

Post a Comment