Friday, March 8, 2024

Ripping the republican response to the SOTU

 So, Im watching the republican response to the SOTU, and OMFG, IT'S SO FRICKING BAD. 

Like...they basically chose a younger woman from Alabama to give it, and she's sitting at a kitchen table. And talking about kitchen table issues. And doing all of these tear jerker stories about how Biden is weak on the border and cartels are raping women, and omg this guy who is retired has to choose between rent and medication, omg so bad. 

Like...give me a break. This, right here. If anyone wants to know why I'm such a cold hearted b###### in politics sometimes, this is why. Because if you let yourself be run by empathy, you're opening yourself up to manipulation. And this woman is laying it on THICK, acting like things were fine under Trump, but under Biden we're living in a hellscape, and he doesn't care.

On the border, dude, Biden is OFFERING TO GIVE THE GOP LIKE 90% OF WHAT THEY WANT. They're refusing, because they want TRUMP to do it. 

On the economy, I mean, I admit, Biden can do better. He's a milquetoast moderate, although he did try to implement some progressive things only to get shot down. Would I like better than him? Yes. Of course I would. Biden ain't for a full UBI, or single payer. He's kinda milquetoast and watered down on my priorities. Don't think that Biden is like some end all be all of my politics. But ya know what? He's doing some good things, and I trust him more than republicans. It's the republicans who are doing ghoulish things that lead to people to have to choose between food and insulin. And I just watched a video today about how now they wanna remove regulations around people working in the heat in super hot states like Texas and Florida. I mean, WTF people, these people are ghouls.

And on foreign policy, she's acting like OMG WERE SO MUCH LESS SAFE WITH BIDEN AND HES THREATENING OUR ALLIANCES. Uh....apparently she didn't get the memo about Trump LITERALLY threatening to just let Russia do whatever they want in Europe if they dont meet their defense budget requirements. But apparently Biden is bad because he ended a 20 year war in Afghanistan that wasn't going anywhere? And I admit, I do wish Biden pulled out in a better way, pulling out reminded me of our exit from Vietnam, and not in a good way, but I'm not sure what else he was supposed to do. I mean we were bleeding money on this useless conflict and we could've been there for 100 years like McCain used to be for and not accomplish anything. 

Like OMFG, this woman is just so bad. It's like she isnt arguing against Biden, but against a straw man of Biden, while just ignoring how horrible her side actually is. I could almost be sympathetic if she didn't just lay it on so thick and be as fake as she is on this. 

This is like faux populism. Like, she is doing this quite well in some ways, it just comes off as so fake to me because given me following things I understand that Biden isnt at fault for any of this, he's been for some solutions, and while sure, we can do better, will we get better from the republicans? Of course not. The problem with Biden is he doesn't go far enough. 

And just the last part about suddenly being pro IFV....gee now you're for it after butchering it so hard and getting ripped in the polls? And about moms tossing and turning and about being in 3 places at once and struggling to get food on the table, gee, if only we didnt romanticize work and grind culture so hard we make people so fricking busy all the time that people WERE less stressed. I mean, I admit, Biden doesnt go far enough on that for me, but are YOU going to fix things? NO. Your ideas are the source of the problem. Stop romanticizing all of this "american dream" bullcrap. As George Carlin once said, they call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. 

Again, don't believe a word this person says. She has no fricking clue what she's talking about. it's just "biden bad, we're trying to be populist, but our ideas are actually the source of all of the problems." Biden's speech was pretty solid for me and full of facts and policy, and this woman is just emotional appeals and lying. And yeah, garbage speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment