Friday, March 29, 2024

Here's a hint: I don't care if people think I'm not a good person

 So, this has been something I've been wanting to write for a while, and I've finally gotten around to doing it. A lot of people think that shaming me or telling me I'm not a good person is going to in any way change my belief system, but I'm going to be honest, it's not. I think what I think, I'm comfortable enough with my own belief system, and I don't care about your morality enough to be influenced by your judgments of me. 

This applies to people of all ideologies. It applies to religious conservatives who think I'm a horrible person for being okay with abortion or not drawing my belief system from divine command theory. It applies to libertarians who think I'm a thief for wanting to tax and redistribute income that they believe they have a literal divine right to. It applies to SJWs who think they can shame me about not caring enough about the women, or the minorities, or the LGBTQ+ people, etc. It applies to liberals who think I'm a selfish jerk for putting my own concerns first. It applies to the leftists who shame me for not caring enough about gaza. It applies to the zionists think I'm anti semitic for thinking Netanyahu is going too far with his war crimes. I. Don't. Care. 

Really, I don't care what you think of me. If you think I'm a bad person, cool, but I probably aint a fan of your ideologies either. Heck, I'm quite critical of other ideas on my blog. I support what I support, and if you don't like it, there's the door. You don't have to listen to me, to be my friend, or whatever. I'm not gonna change just because people don't like me. I like me. I built my own ideology from scratch, I've decided to take right and wrong into my own hands, and to create my own value system. And that might make me relatively lonely, with a lot of people think I'm a bad person for not fitting into whatever box they want to fit me into, but ya know what? I don't care. I'm comfortable with my own morality, if anything, what I'm not comfortable with is compromising my own morality to please others. I'd rather be me and have people hate me, than to be something else and for people to like me. 

I just wanted to throw this as a warning out there for anyone who thinks telling me I'm a bad person is gonna get me to change my view. It's not. If anything, doing so is gonna make me double down on my own views, especially the parts that you hate, and being proud of them. 

Ya know, I still have a bit of that "own the libs" mentality in my mind from what I was a conservative. As such, performative shaming actions are just gonna end up pissing me off and making us less likely to find common ground than more likely. Because if something about my perspective irritates you, and you yourself are being irritating, then I'm just going to emphasize that part of my worldview out of spite for you. 

So yeah, don't try that crap on me. Fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment