Thursday, March 7, 2024

Quick reaction to the state of the union 2024

 So I watched the state of the union tonight. I don't have super strong feelings about it. For a Biden speech, it was a strong one. it felt like a campaign speech. Went after Trump a lot, criticized hypocrisy of the GOP for refusing to enact the border agenda. Not a lot of discussion on gaza if anything at all (I dont remember). That'll piss off the cease fire now people (not that I care, screw them at this point). All in all, it was a solid speech. Obviously it wasnt progressive enough for my tastes, but Biden has demonstrated enough progressive stuff going on to justify me voting for him for a second term. Not like we have better options this time around. 

I will say, he sounded lucid and not tired. For a campaign speech, I think it kicked off 2024 well. I dont know how it will resonate with the public at large, but I'm ridin with Biden at this point, at least as far as the general goes. Again, at this point, it's like, look at the alternatives. The dude is sane, he is mildly progressive. Sure we can have better, but we can also have worse. Fight with the army you have, not what you want. 

EDIT: Apparently Israel was mentioned but it kinda went in one ear and out the other, my bad. Still probably didnt please the lefties though as he seemed pro Israel in it IIRC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment