Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The left in 2024 is such a dumpster fire

 So, this is just a general disaffection post, but I'm actually feeling pretty disaffected in 2024. Ironically, Biden is actually one of my favorite people on the left right now, because he's actually striking a good balance with things. He's clearly shifting left to try to earn votes, and he's not a bad candidate at all. Not perfect, not really what I would want ideally, but I've made peace that he's the best that we got, and he is.

I'm more disaffected with the voters, and with the voting blocs. I've taken a lot of postshots at the far left lately, and normally I agree with the left over the center, but then I'm like, wtf guys this time around. As I've said, they're deranged over Gaza. It's like a single issue election for them and this is it. And they're threatening to tank Biden over this, even as Biden shifts left to appease them. I feel like I'm in bizarro world. This isnt the election to do this, and this DEFINITELY isnt the issue to do this. The reason I agreed with the left in 2016 and 2020 was because I liked Bernie and Yang and their grand proposals over Biden and his centrism. I admit, I have shifted A LITTLE to the center since then due to pragmatism with designing my own ideal platform, where I'm more willing to accept, say, Build Back Better than I was, but all in all, my core vision and convictions have remained intact. I'm just a little more mature now as I work out practical details of my ideas.

So, I try interacting a little less in left wing circles. I go back to more liberal spaces where people like Biden. Ya know, expand my horizons, get out of that echo chamber. And.....my god I forgot how insufferable neolibs are. Seriously, neolibs are some of the most obnoxious people in the entire political spectrum. They have this cultish mindset that you HAVE to vote blue no matter who with ZERO naunce at all. And if you dare push back at all, well, they rip you in ways that are subtle, but clearly intended to flame you. But if you flame them back, you get modded because they're able to do it just subtlely enough to get away with it. I fricking hate neolibs. So I'm just gonna say what i actually feel here, SCREW YOU YOU INSUFFERABLE JERKS. Like seriously, these people think they're so fricking smart and everyone else is a fricking peon who needs to be treated like an idiot. I fricking hate these people. I cant even really interact with them without it ending in moderation. My god. 

Like, here's the thing, I'm nuanced. On the opinion of voting blue no matter who, I actually hate it. I feel a need to cede the argument THIS election given how bad trump is (also, me actually low key liking some aspects of Biden's presidency), but thats the thing. Im just seeing the writing on the wall and adapting accordingly. The far left is going into ideological lala land and going bugnuts over Israel and Palestine and threatening to tank the entire election over this, demanding biden earn their votes while not responding to biden attempting to pragmatically do so. And the center are just the same insufferable jerks they've always been who like to talk down to people and act like they're the smartest people in the room when they're just insufferable jack###es that I cant fricking stand to interact with. 

I mean, I wish there was more nuance between those extremes. I kinda wish yang's movement didnt go full centrist. Like, the original forward movement was where im at roughly. But once it sided with moderate republicans i basically ended up just backing away from them so hard they made biden look GOOD, which is part of the reason i like Biden. Because yang's movement dropped the ball so hard that biden's milquetoast accomplishments started looking...not terrible. 

Social democrats are okay but there arent that many of them and even those guys sometimes get deranged over social issues and start ripping me for not being "woke" despite social democracy primarily being an economic ideology. 

Im on the left, but im just so nuanced and independent that i genuinely dont feel at home in any group. The left is too left, the center too center, yang messed up his movement, social democrats are okay but i have disagreements with them too. And it's like there's just nowhere for me to go any more. 

You might ask well, what about the antiwork guys? Again, too far left. All communists these days. All batcrap insane. Basic income movement is okay but tiny. 

But yeah, at large, the left wing spectrum in 2024 is a dumpster fire, and I just dont feel represented anywhere. ive been feeling politically homeless for a while but its getting more acute as I really figure out what im for and what direction im going in with 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment