Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Okay, seriously, how fricking idiotic and racist are conservatives?

 So, normally I don't wade too deeply into this stuff, but the amount of derangement I'm seeing coming out of conservative circles is so bad even I feel the need to address this. Basically, this is about the bridge thing I discussed earlier. Conservatives, rather than coming together in a moment of tragedy, are basically going full racist over the incident for some reason.

Now, you might wonder, okay, what does this issue have to do with race? And the answer is: IT DOESN'T. It has LITERALLY nothing to do with race. But conservatives, for some reason, are making it about race. 

So, first weird accusation. "OPEN BORDERS DID THIS!" Uh...okay. How. Was this a terrorist attack committed by an illegal immigrant? Were illegal immigrants even remotely involved in this? Of course not. I don't even know what they're even on with that one. 

I mean, this is what went down to my knowledge. The ship had power issues, the people piloting it lost control of it, it rammed into one of the supports, and the whole bridge went down. Tell me what this has to do with illegal immigrants. Was the captain of the ship an illegal immigrant? Was the engineers who made the ship illegal immigrants? The crew that built it? I mean, tell me. Because I just don't get it.

Now, the second big racist criticism: "DEI DID THIS!", as well we calling Baltimore's black mayor talking about the tragedy a "DEI mayor."

First, what is DEI? Basically, it's a buzz word that's been going around lately that means "diversity, equity and inclusion." Basically, it's a fancy woke term for hiring minorities, because they're minorities, so we can force some sense of diversity down peoples' throats. it's actually been discussed quite a bit in gamer circles with all of the sweet baby inc stuff. Basically, as we know, social justice warriors have a fixation on racial equality and tend to apply some heavy handed methods to accomplish their goals. One thing they like to do is preferential hiring treatment of minorities and other "underprivileged" groups. This isn't new. I mean, the term is, but "quotas" and "affirmative action" have been pretty debated and controversial for decades.

Personally, I've always been against the idea. Because I believe that hiring people should come down to merit, primarily, and this is basically just reverse racism. And even more so, as a liberal, I believe that this stuff basically provokes racial resentment that we should otherwise avoid. It makes people more racist, specifically because we get people claiming that people are only in certain positions because of their skin color, rather than them earning it. I mean, really, this is why I encourage the left not to lean into this stuff, but they do, and this kind of mindset is the result.

And I hate to have to play the conservative whisperer here, because I see a lot of liberals saying "what does this have to do with DEI", but to translate as an ex conservative: "well, if they hired people who actually knew what they were doing (based on merit) rather than hiring minorities for its own sake, this wouldnt have happened." 

And...again, they're kinda losing the plot here. I mean, we have this major disaster, and the first thing these conservatives have to say is if white people were in charge (let's face it, that's what they're saying), this wouldn't have happened? Okay, how exactly is this due to diversity hires? if the mayor was white, would this have happened? Yes. If the pilot of the ship was white, would this have happened? Probably yes. So...what are we saying here? 

I mean, really, that's where this really ends up just collapsing under its own weight like a bridge after being struck by a cargo ship. How fricking racist are you to see Baltimore's mayor, who happens to be black, talking, and your first impression is "DEI!" At that point, you're just deranged and obsessed with the idea. By the way, Baltimore is a black majority city, so statistically, the odds are, the mayor is gonna be black. And beyond that, how does DEI work with elected office in the first place? Sure we got the insufferable identity politics circlejerk dems like to play sometimes, but even then, I've yet to see anyone who was blatantly unqualified elected to office simply based on race. The point is, you gotta win an election to be mayor, so he definitely earned his position. 

I'm not saying that DEI isn't a problem in America. Again, I've seen this discussed in relation to the video game industry lately. You got people like sweetbaby inc trying to inject identity politics into video games, maybe they make some diversity hires in studios, and yeah in that case you can maybe say something about it.

Here though, screaming about DEI is just flat out racist. I mean, let's be honest. Being a mayor is not easy, especially for a big city like baltimore. This dude probably works very hard all of the time keeping the city running smoothly. He's probably much smarter than most of the people criticizing him. Heck, I know he is because the logical reasoning of the people making these criticisms is just nonexistent or very tenuous at best. Someone who has to plan an entire city of almost a million people is generally going to be much smarter than that. I mean just looking him up, dude is a college grad, and has experience on the city council, so he has some reasonable qualifications for the job. And on top of that, one thing he's known for is having a UBI trial during his tenure. So yeah, as you can tell I'm warming up to this guy a lot. Can he be my mayor?

But let's put this shoe on the other foot, imagine if this tragedy happened in say, Beaufort SC and I said it was because they hired some dumb hick with a high school education to run their city. The conservatives would be losing their crap if I said that. Well, that's what you guys sound like here. Stop embarrassing yourselves, seriously. 

Again, if conservatives want to criticize DEI when DEI is an actual issue, I'm up for it. As I said I'm not a fan of it. But the right has wokeness derangement syndrome. They define their entire worldview as being anti woke and are leaning very intentionally into some racist tropes. As some comments I've seen on some forums pointed out, these guys would, in a previous era of politics, calling the guy some pretty vocal racial slurs that I will not repeat here. 

Let's keep criticisms to legitimate issues, and let's not try to use national tragedies to push political gains like this. It just makes you look tacky, racist, and stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment