Saturday, March 9, 2024

Would my tune on immigration be any different if the pressure was coming from the left?

 So, just as an addendum of the last article, I just wanted to actually clarify what my position would be in an alternate world in which economic pressure on this issue came from the left. 

And generally speaking...yeah I probably would be singing a different tune. if we had left wing pressure on immigration, similar to palestine, I'd probably say Biden should shift left on immigration to win the election. If there would be a clear electoral benefit for him shifting left on this issue, I would support that within reason.

Now, why do I say within reason? Because I kind of view it like my position on palestine. Should biden shift left on that to appease the cease fire now people? YES! I said so much on my blog, pointing out that we could lose this election because of these people and their little protest votes and willingness to defect from the democrats/biden over this. However, if people go too far, and they start getting obnoxiously purity testy even as Biden DOES move left, I probably would push back against him.

But why don't I criticize the right as much when the right basically calls for this stuff and bashes Biden for being weak on immigration? Well, I do, but I also understand it's a political tactic to sabotage biden so Trump comes off as the good guy here, not Biden. The republicans obstruct and use the issue dishonestly in order to sabotage Biden. But does that mean Biden shouldnt shift right? No. If anything, I support him calling this crap out on the campaign trail and in the state of the union, pointing out that the republicans wanted this until suddenly they didn't. Because biden can still win over some centrist voters who are intelligent and can call out the grift. And the grift IS being called out.

But on the left, it's like, yeah, if Biden triangulates left and the left still screams at him like he's doing nothing, we should call out the left for that. So I probably would advocate for Biden shifting left in a mirror situation, but I'd also probably be punching left if they get a little too out of hand like they are over Gaza. But yeah. Im not against amnesty deals. I'm against for letting refugees in who pass all the political tests to be refugees, I'm not really opposed to immigration. The left can make a solid argument for immigration too. As I said, I basically blow where the political winds blow on this issue, and will accept any position that isnt either far left (basically open borders) or far right (be insanely inhumane or deport nonwhite citizens like the AFD recently wanted to do over in Germany). Like, basically, if you're an insane racist craphead who wants like landmines and alligator moats on the border or who wants a white ethnostate, you can kindly screw off. But at the same time, I probably ain't gonna be too happy toward an open borders far leftist either. Again, the answer is somewhere in the middle, and I'm flexible about where in that middle things should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment