Sunday, October 8, 2023

Hamas are psychos

Okay, I know that a lot of people on the left like to show support for the palestinians, on the basis of the state of israel being founded on European colonialism and displacement of the people who live(d) there, but regardless of the situation, Hamas is psycho and there's no negotiating with them. They are islamic supremecists, and based on discussions I've had today, they're okay with killing Jewish citizens because their end goal is for the number of Jews in Israel to be zero, and that by killing civilians they're waging war on Israel. So in other words, they're genocidal psychos who don't care if they kill civilians. Yeah, screw them then. 

They started this crap today by launching a full scale assault on Israel, and Israel is responding to it.

We can argue about Israel and their own bullheadedness. I know once a friend had me look at Israel's political structure once and I basically concluded that they are an apartheid state. They are a country run by Jews, for Jews, with the Arab minorities being considered second class citizens.

But still, despite that, at least they're not OPENLY GENOCIDAL. I mean, holy crap. Israel might suck, but the alternative is INSANE.

There are no good guys in this war. Both sides are bad. Hamas is worse though. And I know a lot of leftists are gonna support Hamas over the Israeli government, but to me, it's ALMOST as stupid as supporting Russia over Ukraine. Almost. I still think THAT war is significantly more black and white than this one. 

Honestly, I begrudgingly support Israel here. In part because of the long standing relationship my country (the US) has with Israel. In part because Hamas literally initiated this new "war" going on. And in part because despite Israel's flaws, they're still far more reasonable and humane than Hamas would be if they were in charge.

Honestly, these guys are gonna have to learn to get along, and some sort of moderation on both sides is going to be necessary here. The extremism isn't helpful, and the extremes just further extremism. Right wing crackdowns on Palestine inflame tensions that lead to more support for Hamas, and Hamas terrorism leads to more right wing crack downs. 

Still, if forced to choose a side, I would choose Israel given the current circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment