Sunday, October 29, 2023

Is Israel's response disproportionate?

 So, the longer this goes on, the more horrified the world is becoming at Israel's actions in Gaza. Yes, we kinda expected some level of retaliation here. And yes, it's gonna be messy. And yes, civilians die in war sometimes. The whole goal is to minimize casualties.

But...at this point, as more footage comes in of palestinian civilians carrying dead loved ones in the street as sirens blare, the more people are really wondering, gee, is this the best israel can do?

I would agree, hamas has to go. But what cost is acceptable? Should we accept the genocide of the palestinian people just to kill all the terrorists? I mean, jesus christ, show some restraint. 

I admit, maybe I dont have all the facts, maybe I'm just being an armchair general all up in here telling military leaders what to do when they actually know better than me. I admit, I don't know how to properly fight a war. BUT...I'm starting to think that this is getting kinda insane. 

Yes, your anger is justified, Israel. Yes. You are justified in striking back against Palestine. But again, you should try to minimize civilians casualties. This is getting a bit much and the rest of the world is getting kind of uncomfortable here. Being attacked yourself doesn't justify the wholesale killing of tens of thousands of civilians. How many terrorists are we even killing here? Like, at least when I see Russia/Ukraine war footage, I see soldiers shooting at soldiers. yes, Russians target civilians too, and that is a war crime, and a lot of us have condemned that, because it seems like the cruelty is the point.

But that's...kinda how I'm starting to feel like Israel is acting here. Idk, I just feel like warfare should be a bit more restrained than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment