Monday, October 16, 2023

Serious talk: Is Biden getting too old for this ####?

 So, I watched Biden's interview on 60 minutes today, and while it was good, they had to preface it by stating that he was tired from handling the conflict and that his stutter sometimes comes out when he does so. And when I watched it, I thought he gave good answers, but he clearly looked...tired.. You could even say he was "sleepy Joe Biden" as Trump would say. And I kinda have to wonder, is this guy really UP for a second term? He says he is, but I'm going to be honest, he's OLD. And while he's good at the job, I kinda have to wonder if maybe he is getting too old. I mean, the dude's in his 80s, and this is the most demanding job on earth. The presidency ages people. People go in looking young and having brown or black hair, and leave with it greyed and them all wrinkly. I'm not saying that some of this isn't the natural aging process too. Many presidents are so in their 50s, which is the decade where they transition from being relatively young to...senior citizens, but this guy got in at age 78. And unlike Trump, who was also in his 70s, this dude actually DOES THE WORK. And watching this interview, he's tired. He looks exhausted. And I understand why people think Biden is too old. By any conventional metric he is. And if he wasn't running for reelection, I'd have to ask: ARE YOU NUTS?! for wanting him. Like...80 is my cut off. I think you can be president in your 70s and get out at around 80. And I know the aging process hits people differently. Some people go downhill in their 60s and 70s, and some are spring chickens well into their 80s. Biden leans toward the latter end of the spectrum, being healthy enough for the job on paper, but idk, I see why people want someone new, even if they dont want different policies. 

At the same time, I maintain, that in terms of doing the job, biden is doing a decent job. My issues with him are more due to his more moderate policy outlook on economic issues, as well as obstructionists in congress and the courts, rather than anything to do with HIM. And on foreign policy, he's NAILING it. I give him straight As so far on Ukraine and Israel. What he is doing...is exactly what I'd do. So...no complaints there. 

I just wonder if this dude would be better off...ya know...retiring, than actually running himself ragged like this. I mean, I look at the interview and I'm actually legit concerned the toll the presidency has on his health. 

I have to admit, the dems dug us into a hole here. If we replaced Biden, names to replace him with come up short. Harris isnt bad policy wise either (if anything better than biden) but idk, the public hates her more than biden for some reason. Buttigieg, eh, also likely suffers the same polling issues. Even bernie has polling issues, and he'd be my go too. And he's too old too. He's older than biden if anything. And while he seems more cogent than Biden, he also isnt president. And I'm not sure Bernie would be as good as biden on foreign policy, even if he'd be significantly better domestically. 

And williamson....eh....is this the best the progressive cause has? Nina turner i'd like but she seems...unpopular. She wouldn't even run. Yang i doubt it unless the seat was open. He'd be my favorite. RFK, LOL FORGET IT. Cenk....well he's need to clear some court hurdles to have a shot given he's not a natural born citizen. 

I mean...Biden is...it. The dems dug us into this hole in 2020 trying to stop a progressive from getting elected, and we're stuck with it until 2028. What more can we really do? 

It's really a shame. And I really think the dems might be in trouble in 2024. In 2022 I thought they were too, but then SCOTUS decided to overturn roe v wade and that galvanized democrats, but we're basically facing a cost of living crisis at home, Biden is old, he cant do anything because of congress. Some people wanna get rid of him to get trump in. Some people want someone more progressive, it's like we just elected this guy to get rid of trump, and again, he's old. Most people want someone younger, even if a name doesn't come to mind. 

We're stuck with this guy. What more can I say? I have to admit, if he does die, harris would do a fine job, but harris seems to be kryptonite for the democrats electorally. Again, the dems dug us into a whole shoving this guy down our throats, and now we're...stuck with him. What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment