Monday, August 19, 2024

Ya know, the third party options arent any better, if anything they're worse...

 So, I just watched some of the so called "Abandon Harris" movement (can't find the link), and while I didn't watch all of it, I did watch Cornel West and Jill Stein's speeches. And honestly? it went as bad as you can think. These people are fricking obsessed with Palestine. It's like their big single issue this time around. ANd it doesnt do anything for me, either emotionally or physically. Now, thats not to say these candidates dont have economic agendas that eclipse harris's in some ways, but given my rants the other night, they dont scratch my itch either. Sure they might support medicare for all. Stein might support UBI in theory, but they care more about the green new deal and jobs programs. And they just end up not having a good mix of priorities with my own agenda at times. Even if they want similar things, it's in a different way. And honestly, all that takes a back seat to palestine. Jill Stein even VOTER SHAMED in her own speech, going on about how if you vote democrat youre complicit in genocide. Screw off. This isn't how you win me over and leftists really havent hit the right notes this election cycle. I can almost respect their moral convictions, and i was kind of moved by West's speech, but then I actually think about the policies these people are for and what voting for them costs as far as American democracy goes, both at home and abroad, and uh....NO. HELL NO. DOnald Trump is an existential threat to democracy at home, and abroad, say the greens did somehow win. Stein is campaigning on DISBANDING NATO. Like, what the actual frick? This is who we're dealing with. Ideological extremists who just sound impractical and sad. Why the frick would I support these people? Even if they are theoretically better on economics, theyre worse on everything else and way too extreme for me. Even on economics, their vision doesnt align with mine and is extreme for me.

Just, nothing about the greens or leftists are appealing to me. Sure, I'm crapping on Harris, but I wanna keep it real. I still think she's the best candidate. The leftists arent doing it for me either. And theyre dropping the ball so hard that even if trump wasnt an existential threat, I'm not entirely sure I'd vote green. Because all that does this election cycle is basically throw me in with the free palestine whackos, and any protest message would get lost by these guys. Ugh. Might as well just vote democrat...

No comments:

Post a Comment