Monday, July 15, 2024

Is Trump gonna mellow out post assassin attempt?

 So, I watched Kyle discuss how Trump reacted to his own assassination attempt, and it seems like he's sobering up really quick. Like, he might be realizing that his dictatorial crap and rhetoric is kind of inciting too much violence, and he might be realizing that if he Fs around, he might find out. So it seems like he's mellowing out real quick, and it seems like after talking with Biden, there seems to be a multilateral attempt by both sides to disarm and turn down the temperature. 

I actually welcome this. Look, it gives me no pleasure to have to come out here and call Trump the American Hitler. I dont like to be alarmist. I don't like to be incendiary in that sense. I just do it because Trump really has been that dangerous with his desire to be a dictator, and republican power grabs.

It looks like, we might be toning things down now, where we make this campaign about the issues. I'm fine with that. I welcome a discussion on the issues. I still think conservative ideology and political positions are abhorrent, I still think we need to push against them, but I welcome a more normal political cycle where we're dealing with something that isn't literally the end of democracy if we lose.

I still think we risk losing the supreme court for a generation if we lose again and the GOP is able to replace Thomas, Alito, and Roberts, so we shouldn't let that happen. And, I dont wanna see what they do with abortion now that roe v wade is struck down, but if the left can recover and rebuild and come back in 2028, well, at least we can do that. I just don't wanna see the GOP go full nazi party during the weimar republic years or go full putin in 2000s russia. If we can all agree to stick to the tenets of liberal democracy, then this election might just be a normal election and I'd welcome that.

I know some republicans like Bill o Reilly are blaming left wing rhetoric comparing Trump to hitler for this, but as someone who's been doing that, uh...you ever think about acting a little less hitler like? I mean, really. Calling the GOP on their BS is the normal and patriotic thing to do, quite frankly. It they want us to back down, they need to back down. Sorry, not sorry.

Besides, we know now the assassin wasn't some blue maga liberal trying to stop the next hitler, he was your weird classmate who goes full mass shooter. Instead of going after a school, the dude went after the former president. And he was apparently right wing. So....who knows what was going on in his sick head. But don't blame this on us. 

But yeah. When trump stops being a threat to democracy, I'll stop treating him like one. If wants to turn over a new leaf, so be it, I welcome that. I don't want to be this riled up against the guy. I want to be more mellow and pushing for my ideology and ideas. I hate putting that on hold because the GOP decides to go full fascist. And yeah, that's my views on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment